- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
If you are looking for a career that is challenging, diverse and offers you the opportunity to make a difference to someone else’s life, then a career in Aged Care could be for you! Aged Care is a rapidly growing industry and during the course you will learn to provide high quality care to older individuals. On completion of the course you will be qualified to work in a variety of work environments, such as residential aged care facilities.
We provide a warm and welcoming environment and all our trainers are caring and dynamic with extensive industry experience.
Through a fun, dynamic, flexible and supportive learning environment, you will develop the confidence you need to take that important first step.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accommodation support worker
- In-home respite worker
- Care assistant
- Community care worker
- Home care assistant
What You'll Learn
- How to provide individualised support
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Provide first aid
- Meet personal support needs
- Food safety practices
- Work legally and ethically
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
2 days a week for 24 weeks, plus completion of placement.
Practical placement is part of the course and allows skills development in the workplace. Students have the chance to put their classroom knowledge into practice during Practical Placement by completing the allocated hours of Practical Placement in a regulated Aged Care facility.
For learners who are working in the industry, working hours may be used for practical placement with the approval of the employer.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is recognition of prior learning and may allow some students to have prior experience assessed. Credit transfers are available to students who are able to present appropriate evidence. For further information regarding Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers please enquire now.
We use a range of assessment methods including:
- Written assessments
- Case studies
- Group discussions
- Workplace portfolios
- Oral questions
- Practical placement logbook
NIET is operating as normal during COVID-19, in line with government measures. Scheduled courses are still going ahead.
About Nepean Industry Edge Training
As a quality-focused and reputable training organisation, our industry connections allow us to train students in current practices, giving our students job-ready skills upon course completion.
Our industry experience means we understand what the workplace is looking for in the way of staff and make sure courses will give employers and individuals the maximum return on their investment.
We know that when training is delivered clearly and concisely by passionate individuals, all students have the opportunity to achieve their potential. The result is a competent and confident employee that contributes real value to the organisation.