- Please note, Melbourne Training Centre cannot accept a Subclass 500 Student Visa as we are not CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) registered
- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) is the latest qualification ideal for learners who aim to work in jobs that require knowledge and skills in providing care and assistance to the elderly in community centres or at home.
Melbourne Training Centre offers the nationally recognised CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) with high-quality course materials and premium training to deliver a unique and practical learning experience to its students.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community Care Worker or Assistant
- Home Respite Care Worker
- Individual Carer and Support Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Assistant in Nursing
- Personal Care Giver
What You'll Learn
In this home and community care specialisation course, learners will get valuable experience from their online training and vocational placement. Among others, they will learn how to:
- Provide individualised support
- Support independence and well-being
- Meet personal support needs
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Support relationships with carers and families
- Provide Home and Community support services
- Provide first aid
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
This CHC33015 course is designed to be delivered through an Online/Distance Delivery Method. Learners can complete it in a period of approximately 1,235 hours (including Vocational Placement) of study, depending on each learner’s relevant skills, knowledge, and experience.
Melbourne Training Centre is responsible for ensuring the quality of training and for providing Statements of Attainment and/or Certificates upon completion of the course.
There are no prerequisites required to enter this course, however, students must be over 18 years of age and should:
- Have sound language and literacy skills (at least Year 10 English or equivalent)
- Have basic computer skills
This course is available to AU citizens and permanent residents only. It is NOT available for Subclass 500 visa.
Vocational Placement is a requirement of this Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) course. Learners are required to complete a minimum of 120 hours of vocational placement in a Home and Community Care facility.
With the assistance of Melbourne Training Centre, learners are required to arrange the vocational placement with an approved Home and Community Care facility. Learners are provided with a Vocational Placement Pack, which includes all the information required in making a suitable vocational placement arrangement that will facilitate the completion of the requirements of the course.
Learners are encouraged to start contacting potential placement providers as soon as they start their studies.
Aside from the Vocational Placement Pack, learners will also be provided with a Skills Workbook, which they will use to guide and document activities completed in the Home and Community Care facility. The Skills Workbook will facilitate the documentation of their demonstration of all the skills and level of performance required by their Cert III Individual Support (Home and Community) course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Melbourne Training Centre has a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Policy to ensure that an individual’s prior learning, achieved through formal and informal training, work experience or other life experiences, is appropriately recognised. This recognition may assist students to progress faster through a unit of competency, or allow the student full credit for that unit of competency.
Before starting their course, each learner will complete an LLN Assessment, a Competency Assessment, and a Disability and Chronic Condition Assessment as part of the enrolment process.
The results of the Competency Assessment is used by Melbourne Training Centre to determine each learner’s training and assessment schedule, taking into account their existing level of relevant knowledge, experience, and skills.
Learners will be assessed through a combination of the following assessment methods:
- Questioning (self-assessment, verbal answers, written questionnaires, activity modules or interviews)
- Portfolio (documents, product with support documentation, historical evidence)
- Third-party reports
- Structured activities (projects, case studies, presentations, role plays, demonstration, progressive tasks)
To support you in your new course, Melbourne Training Centre will provide:
- Learner guides
- Assessment workbook
- Helpful resources (templates and extra handouts)
- A simulated environment in cases where the learner does not have access to a workplace (this includes organisation policies, procedures, and other documentation)
- Access to relevant acts, regulations, and standards
To complete your course you will need to have access to:
- A computer (PC or Mac) with Internet access
- A phone with a camera or video recorder
- Access to a passenger vehicle
- Three adults for role play tasks (can be friends, family, colleagues, etc.)
- A registered aged care facility for completing Vocational Placement requirement
About Melbourne Training Centre
Melbourne Training Centre delivers high-quality learning training to Australians who wish to get qualified and work as an elderly and disability caregiver or support worker in Australia. We provide premium training with innovative learning approaches and supportive learning environments to maximise each individual’s learning experience, and ensure they have the skills to succeed in the aged care industry.
Melbourne Training Centre Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #45579)