- Government funding is available for eligible candidates in Victoria only.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Care Worker
- Disability Worker
- Home Care Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Community Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- Aged Care Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 45 Weeks full-time (2 days per week + self-study, including 120 hours of work placement)
- 52 Weeks part-time (1 day per week + self-study, including 120 hours of work placement)
- Classroom Based (face-to-face practical and theory and unpaid work placement of 120 hours)
- There are no formal prerequisites required to enter the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
- Prior to enrolling in this course, students must complete Victorian International Academy’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment and pre-training review interview so we can assess the suitability of this course to meet your needs.
- For a successful enrolment students must be 18 years old.
- As a registered NDIS provider (through VIA Care) additional work placement and career opportunities are available within the community services sector
13 Units must be completed — 7 core units and 6 elective units.
About Victorian International Academy
Victorian International Academy is a leading training provider delivering nationally recognised courses since 2010. The company boasts the most modern training facilities to ensure the best possible outcomes for domestic students.
Our registered trainers are industry experts in the areas of hairdressing, barbering and community services, providing classroom and apprenticeship training in convenient locations around Victoria. Victorian Government funding is available for those students who satisfy the eligibility criteria through the Skills First program.
Victorian International Academy is able to leverage their relationship, knowledge and experience through their sister companies Victorian Home and Community Care, and VIA Care (a registered NDIS Service Provider) within the community services sector to provide meaningful career outcomes.
Victorian International Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #22511)