Are you looking for a career that gives something back to the community? Are you wanting to make a difference to people’s lives? Are you looking for a secure job in one of the fastest growing industries? The Certificate III in Individual Support is the perfect qualification for those looking to become a personal care assistant and start a career in the aged care industry.
Whether you imagine working in a home and community care setting or an aged care facility you will be job ready and equipped with the knowledge and skills to follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who require care.
Learn about dementia, palliative care, safe working practices, the legalities and ethics of the industry, building relationships with families, co-ordinating services and empowering your clients. This course includes practical placement component. We take care to match you with a facility that best suits your needs including location and upcoming vacancies to maximise the likelihood of an employment opportunity.
Practical placement is a wonderful opportunity to showcase your skills to a perspective employer. We pride ourselves on providing a supportive learning environment to help our students to launch their new career successfully!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal carer
- Home assistant
- Support worker
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
- Osbourne Park
Duration and Study Load
- This course is approximately 12 months in duration depending on RPL, Credit Transfer, scheduling of practical placement and individual needs of the learners
- This course is delivered via a combination of
- Virtual & Face to Face training
- Self-paced flexible learning
- Practical placement
- Students must undertake a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) assessment so that the appropriate academic support can be sourced throughout the course AND Students must be physically fit to undertake a practical placement
- 120 – 200 hours of practical placement depending on prior skills and knowledge
About Arrow Training
We understand the needs of our students and industry and develop training programs that connect the two together, meaning that our graduates are ready to work today!
We pride ourselves on thinking outside the square, for developing and fostering growth of our students through a commitment to provide a “We Care” attitude.
Arrow Training Services is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #6127)