If you wish to turn your gaming passion into a career, this entry level qualification is perfect for those with little to no experience in an ICT field. Train across a wide range of technical ICT functions with a specialised focus on interactive gaming and programming. Through this course, students will learn to create 3D digital animations, basic programming skills, create visual design elements, and more.
Over the course of 12 months, individuals will partake in a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials. This program covers the basics of work practices and communication within an ICT environment, while focusing on the creation of visual designs, animations, video and programming for interactive games.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- 2D/3D artist support
- Assistant animator
- Digital media developer support
- Games developer support
- Help desk officer
- ICT operations support
- Video game designer
- Games developer support
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support Services
- Your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- Webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning
Upskilled is ready to help you leverage previous study and relevant work experience to accelerate your progress towards a Nationally Recognised qualification.
This qualification covers the learning content for the following Vendor Certification:
- MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- MTA: Networking Fundamentals
- MTA: Security Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows 10
- CompTIA A+
- Summative and formative assignments
- Written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- Scenarios and/or case studies
- Written/oral questions
- This unit defines the skills and knowledge required to install, configure and optimise operating system (OS) software to meet business and client needs
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to animate simple 3D models and create 3D animations, which may include audio components. The models are for inclusion in interactive media products, short stand-alone animated sequences and basic games
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assess, and select, textures and shaders to develop new textures and to apply them to digital art, including 3-D models
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to create simple applications or games
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to edit and add video to multimedia presentations
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)