- Government funding is available for eligible candidates in Victoria only.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as nail technicians to provide manicure and pedicure services, including the application of nail art and acrylic and gel nail enhancements.
These individuals possess a range of well-developed technical and customer service skills where discretion and judgment are required and are responsible for their own outputs. This includes client consultation on nail care products and services. Nail technicians may also be self-employed and responsible for managing their own nail station.
Work is typically conducted in nail and beauty salons.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Beauty Therapist
- Nail technician
- Nail Expert
- Salon assistant
- retail cosmetic consultant
- Nail Artist
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 52 Weeks full-time (2 days per week + self-study)
- 78 Weeks part-time (1 day per week + self-study)
- Training is delivered at our modern Fitzroy salon.
- There are no formal prerequisites required to enter the SHB30315 Certificate III in Nail Technology.
- Prior to enrolling in this course, students must complete Victorian International Academy’s Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment and pre-training review interview so we can assess the suitability of this course to meet your needs.
- For a successful enrolment, students must be 18 years old.
- Large operating salon for student experience
- Multi-discipline classrooms
- Specialist colour room
- Luxurious basin training area
- Photographic studio
- Fashion show space
- Professional makeup bar
- Student locker and catering facilities
- Student learning library
15 must be completed — 11 core units and 4 elective units.
About Victorian International Academy
Victorian International Academy is a leading training provider delivering nationally recognised courses since 2010. The company boasts the most modern training facilities to ensure the best possible outcomes for domestic students.
Our registered trainers are industry experts in the areas of hairdressing, barbering and community services, providing classroom and apprenticeship training in convenient locations around Victoria. Victorian Government funding is available for those students who satisfy the eligibility criteria through the Skills First program.
Victorian International Academy is able to leverage their relationship, knowledge and experience through their sister companies Victorian Home and Community Care, and VIA Care (a registered NDIS Service Provider) within the community services sector to provide meaningful career outcomes.
Victorian International Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #22511)