Embrace your passion in Beauty! The Certificate III in Nail Technology is ideal for those who wish to be employed as nail technicians working as self-employed freelancers or manage an in-house nail station.
Learn how to provide manicure and pedicure services, as well as how to apply nail art and acrylic and gel nail enhancements.
Students will graduate with well-developed technical and customer service skills and be able to use discretion and judgement as required.
Course content includes how to conduct a client consultation on nail care products and services.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
52 weeks incl. holidays.
Tuition Time: 42 weeks.
Due to COVID, this course is currently being delivered online, once restrictions are eased there will be face to face delivery for all practical components.
- Completion of year 11 or equivalent (Subject to the assessment and approval of Baxter Institute Admission team.)
- Applicants must be 17 years of age and above. Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
- To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for the individual needs, Baxter Institute will conduct a Pre-Training Review and LLN test
This course is only available to Australian citizens and permanent residents in the state of Victoria
Through this program you will develop customer service skills and technical expertise by undertaking a range of core and elective subjects as listed below.
- Provide salon services to clients
- Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- Provide manicure and pedicure services
- Advise on beauty products and services
- Apply acrylic nail enhancements
- Use electric file equipment for nail services
- Apply gel nail enhancements
- Conduct salon financial transactions
- Apply Nail Art
- Comply with organisational requirements within a personal
- Services environment
- Research and apply beauty industry information
A range of elective subjects are also offered.
About Baxter Institute
Established in 1970 Baxter Institute is an innovative institution presenting a broad range of vocational Beauty courses.
Located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD close to all the major transport links.
We offer a wide range of nationally recognised qualifications in Beauty, Accounting, Automotive, Bakery, Engineering and Hairdressing.
With a reputation for quality education and focused academic standards, Baxter Institute attracts highly qualified trainers and educational leaders who really care and provide support. Baxter’s training focuses on job creation and helping students aspire to achieve their life and career goals.
Baxter Institute is a registered training organisation (RTO #7030)