This qualification reflects the role of pathology collectors. Workers in this role follow known routines and procedures, taking responsibility for their own work under general supervision. They combine communication, customer service and technical skills, and use discretion and judgment to adapt and transfer their skills to different situations.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 35 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Pathology Assistant (Laboratory Aide)
- Pathology Collector (Visiting)
- Pathology Specimen Collector
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- St Leonard's
Duration and Study Load
- This course is 26 weeks long including (2 x 10-week term inclusive of 35 Hours of work placement and 6 weeks Holidays)
- All students must be aged 18 years of age or over at the time of applying for admission in the College
- 18-years of Age or Older
- Minimum Qualification must be Australian Year 12 or equivalent
- Proficient Language literacy & Numeracy LLN
Minimum Academic Requirements
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 equivalent education is required for entry into this course
About Institute of Science Management and Technology
The Institute of Science Management and Technology (“ISMT”) was established to ensure quality education and training to students, paving the way to their bright future. We offer a range of qualifications and certification courses which bridge the gap in a students journey from school to university education. Our industry experts help guide and train our talented students to adapt to ever changing environments with modern and up to date facilities centrally located in Sydney. We follow nothing less than qualitative learning and encourage our students to be motivated, explore and learn by taking steps to grow in their journey to a better and brighter tomorrow.
Institute of Science Management and Technology is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #45032)