This qualification will prepare you for a role in which you are responsible for taking on the day to day operations of a retail environment. You will understand product and service offerings well and apply this knowledge in the workplace where discernment is required.
The skills you learn in this qualification provide you with the confidence to work independently with minimum supervision, taking on a level of responsibility where you have the opportunity to supervise team members.
You gain a broad knowledge of customer engagement, building loyal customer relationships, team collaboration, and sales processes that will become the foundation of meeting organisational expectations and impacting the business.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Sales Team Leader (Retail)
- Customer Service Representative
- Retail Supervisor
- Team Leader
- Retail Assistant
- Sales Assistant
What You'll Learn
- Learn to build a career that provides an exciting lifestyle and opens the opportunity to work in an area of retail you are passionate about.
- Learn how to use and manage business technology and point of sale systems and effectively support business operations.
- Emerge from your studies ready to take on a supervisory role and guide a team to support the company mission.
- Learn to create strong foundations to build your career in a retail environment, discovering how to create a high-quality customer experience resulting in tangible sales results.
- Discover how to manage disrespectful, aggressive or abusive customers, ensuring that you are prepared to handle any situation that may arise in the workplace.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Gold Coast
Duration and Study Load
- 12 months full-time
- 24 months part-time
- A program designed to suit your unique learning style with direct access to your Educator via the built-in chat function.
Nationally recognised qualification
- Nationally recognised by the Australian Government as meeting a set of standards that provide vocational outcomes and lead to employment.
Leading industry experts
- Fun and friendly Educators who understand you and are committed to your learning experience.
- Students will be required to undertake practical workplace tasks in an approved workplace/environment to complete their qualification (minimum of 3 shifts) — this will be discussed with your Educator or CA Mentor.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- RPL is available for this course.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding via the Queensland Government’s Skills Assure Program supports ELIGIBLE* students in obtaining their first post-school certificate III qualification. Students will be required to make a co-contribution fee (listed above) prior to the commencement of their course.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be aged 15 years or over and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in School (VETiS) students).
- Permanently reside in Queensland.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant). Temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen.
- Not hold and not be enrolled in a certificate III, or higher-level qualifications, not including qualifications completed
- Traineeships combine training with working in a real job with a real wage for a real boss. Trainees complete a nationally recognised qualification while learning valuable skills at work and under the guidance of a training organisation.
- Employers may benefit from state and Australian Government incentives for employing a trainee.
* Eligibility criteria apply to receive subsidised course fees and concessional status.
About College Australia
College Australia is a leading vocational education institution founded in 2005 on a vision and passion to provide high-quality training for students undertaking studies in vocational education.
We provide a range of qualifications that are relevant to the real world, easily accessible and create pathways to successful job outcomes. College Australia is registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). This enables us to provide nationally recognised accredited qualifications that meet a set of standards and provide key vocational outcomes that lead to employment.
Our affiliations with various industry and educational networks ensure we’re at the forefront of current and trending industry knowledge and innovative technologies, which gives us the ability to support our students every step of their learning journey. We provide quality support services and networks and offer access to a thriving student community. We grow with our students as we tailor our innovative and focused education, and help find solutions for every stage of their career and workplace development.
Our qualifications range from entry-level Certificate II to management level Graduate Diplomas in the fields of:
- Business and Management
- Health Support and Community
- Hospitality and Tourism
Each of our qualifications is a stepping stone into a career or university pathway by boosting skills and knowledge to ultimately forge career success. Our Educators are experts in their field and are fully qualified, offering high-quality learning experiences for our students that are designed to meet each individual’s needs as they complete their journey with us.
Real Group Pty Ltd T/A College Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #31222)