- This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This is a qualification for those engaged in supply chain operations and includes specialisations for logistics and warehousing operations.
It involves a defined range of skilled operations, usually within a range of broader related activities involving known routines, methods and procedures, where some discretion and judgement is required in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures and within known time constraints. It may also include responsibility for coordinating the work of others.
Our industry professionals will cover topics such as:
- Stock control
- Work health and safety
- Workplace documentation
- Working effectively in a service environment and team
- Check and maintain equipment
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Warehouse Operator
- Freight Handler
- Receiving Officer
- Despatch Officer and Packer
- Customer Service Officer
- Documentation Clerk
- Supply Chain Administration Officer
What You'll Learn
This course will take learners from beginner to professional warehousing and storage worker in twelve (12) months. Students will get a solid education in the fundamentals of warehousing operations and services and will graduate job-ready.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform such roles as:
- Organising received and despatch documentation
- Receival and storage of stock
- Maintain daily store operations including stock control
- Internal and external customer service
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- The duration of the course is twelve (12) months. If you are completing the course via correspondence the time it will take you to complete is flexible and dependant on ability and time available
Students have twenty-four (24) months to complete the course. The delivery modes provide the students with support through their studies by a team of experienced trainers and assessors, who are on hand to answer any questions you have and provide feedback on your progress.
- Correspondence: Acacia understands the need for flexibility when studying therefore we also offer the course via correspondence. Students will complete the written assessments in their own time and one of our experienced trainers will meet with the student, where necessary, to perform practical and simulated assessments (Note: To be able to complete the course via correspondence, students must be employed within the industry)
- Classroom: Training and assessment takes place in a classroom and involves discussions and group activities. Classroom-based training also requires some self-directed learning, where further study and assessment activities are done by participants in their own time
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification
- Applicants will need to be at least 15 years old. If under 18 years of age the enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian
- All applicants will be required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment prior to entry into the course. The purpose of this assessment is to determine whether you may require additional support in order to complete the course successfully
- Applicants will be required to complete a Pre-Training Review. This involves a set of questions from our Student Support team during a brief over the phone interview
- Students will require basic computing skills in order to complete the training
Students have access to trainer support throughout the duration of their course, whether they are studying in classroom-based sessions, correspondence or online. Our experienced trainers are available to answer any questions students may have regarding the learning materials and assessments. The appointed trainer can be contacted via email, skype or phone, the student will be provided with these contact details on course commencement.
The administrative team is available during business hours (9 am – 5 pm) Mondays to Fridays and can assist students with all administrative enquiries or issues, including enrolment, change of contact details, class schedules, online learning and certification. The administrative team can be contacted via email or phone.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Acacia understands that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
All students are entitled to apply for recognition in the course or qualification in which they are enrolled. This application should be made as soon as possible after enrolment. The aim of getting recognition is to avoid the completion of unnecessary learning activities in which a learner is already competent, by the provider assessing and acknowledging the skills and knowledge the student has acquired through formal and informal learning.
- The methods in which students are assessed may include theory-based assessments, case studies, projects and observations
- This qualification is ungraded. Successful students will receive a qualification which shows their level of achievement for each unit as Competent unless Credit Transfer of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)* is granted for any units, in which case that will be indicated instead
- Every assessment must be successfully completed to demonstrate competency in each unit
- If you do not successfully complete an assessment, you will be given the opportunity to undertake a second assessment at another time
- If the student is completing the training via correspondence will require access to a computer with internet and Microsoft Office (or equivalent), software installed and a printer. All other necessary training and assessment materials will be provided
- If the student is completing the training in one of our classroom-based sessions all necessary training and assessment materials and computer-based equipment will be provided
About Acacia Education & Training
Acacia Group is a community-based Registered Training Organisation delivering quality training across NSW for over a decade. We provide a wide range of training opportunities across a range of industries and have access to many Government funded training initiatives. Our training includes nationally accredited qualifications, full qualifications, part qualifications – skill sets and skills groups and traineeships. We also offer non-accredited training such as soft skills and professional development. Our goal is to share our industry knowledge and provide NSW communities and businesses with the information and skills to succeed within their chosen industry.
Acacia Education & Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#91469)