The Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling forms part of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Integrated Framework Training Package, and is for people working in the Wall & Floor tiling trade. Students learn to lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble, glass and other types of tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
Major areas of study include interpretation of plans, measurements and calculations, use of tiling tools and equipment, surface preparation and repairs. This course is delivered in Everthought Education’s purpose-designed facilities where the emphasis is placed on providing hands-on, practical training. Training is provided by accredited, trade trainers/assessors with current industry experience.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Floor Tiler
What You'll Learn
- Cut and fix tile, including ceramic, glass, marble, slate, stone and terracotta tiles, to fireplaces, floors, hearths, spas, swimming pools and walls
- Construct terrazzo floors, steps, risers and stringers
- Apply waterproofing for wall and floor tiling
- Incidental work of another class
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration and Study Load
- 2 years full time (8 terms)
- Students must be 18+ years old & have completed Australian Year 10 qualification (or equivalent)
About Everthought Education
At Everthought Education we are experts in building & construction training and skills development, equiping our students with the best education – onsite and in our purpose-built training centres.
Our colleges, located in Brisbane Queensland and Perth Western Australia, have been training since 2003. With trainers and assessors Australia-wide, we offer the ability to deliver training across the country. We cater to all learning styles and our flexible study options have a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience, designed to fit around your schedule. We are proud to offer a suite of qualifications in Building & Construction, from Certificate III trade qualifications through to Advanced Diplomas.
Everthought Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation ( RTO 32438)