- This course is delivered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) only.
- MINIMUM 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN TILING IS REQUIRED.
This qualification provides a trade outcome in wall and floor tiling for residential and commercial construction work. The qualification has a core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as the specialist field of work, wall and floor tiling. Tilers work with materials like ceramic, glass, slate, marble and clay. They cut these materials and lay tiles on walls and floors, both interior and exterior. They may also add decorative touches to their basic work.
Completion of the general construction induction training program, specified in the Safe Work Australia model Code of Practice: Construction Work, is required by anyone carrying out construction work. Achievement of CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry meets this requirement.*
*State and territory jurisdictions may have different licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements. Relevant state and territory regulatory authorities should be consulted to confirm those requirements.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Wall and Floor Tiler
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- To be completed within 12 months from enrolment date
- This course is delivered by RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) only, where you will be assessed based upon your Experience and the Evidence you supply us. Generally, you will meet these requirements by having at least 3 Years Experience working in Tiling.
- Recent experience in the building or construction industry.
- You are 18 years old or over.
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- You are competent in written and spoken English (language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed as part of the enrolment process).
- You will have access to a computer and the internet for the duration of the course and have basic computer knowledge.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a simple process of formal skills recognition through which your existing skills, knowledge and experience are converted into a nationally recognised qualification
Access & Equity
- Realistic Training Options are committed to providing training opportunities to all people on an equal and fair basis
- All participants who meet the course entry requirements will be accepted into any of our training programs
- Any questions regarding access and equity can be directed to Realistic Training Options
About Realistic Training Options
Realistic Training Options has been delivering nationally accredited training and assessment services to the Building & Construction Industry for over 10 years. We take great pride in giving our students, trainees and apprentices the knowledge, skills and confidence required to achieve their goals in the Australian construction industry through real-life training & assessment with customised delivery options.
Our national RPL process has been specifically developed for the Australian construction industry. Using our own self-developed software along with our dedicated RPL specialists gives the student better clarity and understanding of the requirements and pathways needed to achieve the desired qualification, whilst being supported throughout the entire process.
At Realistic Training Options, we understand the quality of our students reflects the quality of our training, therefore we choose to deliver quality over quantity. We also appreciate and respect the partnerships that we form with our clients, promising much and delivering much more.
Realistic Training Options is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #32496)