Our CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support is the most up to date qualification available for individuals wanting to work as support working in an Ageing Environment.
Study the most up to date qualifications in a supportive and caring environment. The trainers at Aged Care Training Services are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others, particularly the elderly. This passion also extends to our students who have access to personalised support through their trainer which is a key component in developing the necessary skills required to deliver Individual Support.
Demand v Supply for Aged Care services is reported to require ongoing recruitment to meet the care demands and to continue with the current ratio of aged care workers to people aged 85 plus (McCrindle, Community Services & Health Industry Skills Council Source: ABS, McCrindle).
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support is a nationally recognised qualification and an industry-endorsed program which has been created to provide training for people who are eager to gain employment as an aged care support worker.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Personal Care Support worker
- Accommodation Support worker
- Food Service worker (Aged Care)
- Respite Care worker
- Personal Care Giver
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
This course will be approximately 12 months in duration depending on, prior experience, Credit Transfers and individual needs of the learners.
This course is delivered via a combination of:
- 2 days per week of scheduled virtual face to face training
- 16 hours per week of self-paced flexible learning
- 120 – 200 hours of practical placement depending on prior skills and knowledge
- Transfer and individual needs of the learners
- There are no prerequisites to gain entry into CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing).
- To ensure we meet your learning needs we will conduct an LLN before you enrol.
- For entry into this course, you will require adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills in English that allow you to read and interpret information, understand training, demonstrate leadership skills as well as provide and follow clear instructions, and prepare written assignments and documents for assessment.
- Students must obtain a police check/clearance
- The student must be 18 years of age
- Students must be physically fit to undertake practical placement and meet the National Police Check criteria.
- This course is virtual you must have access to a computer and basic computer literacy
- We encourage people with disabilities to apply
- As part of your CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support course, there is 120 – 200 hours of practical placement depending on prior skills and knowledge.
- Placement is a great opportunity to put all your knowledge into practice, and experience what it is like to be a real carer. While you are on on-the-job training you will be supervised and guided by experienced professionals who work at the facility and you will have scheduled visits from your trainer. This will give your trainer an opportunity to observe your competence to perform tasks at the standard required.
- Aged Care Training Services will arrange Practical Placement for eligible individuals! We always aim to place individuals in a facility that is close and convenient for their individual needs. Please Note: Practical Placement positions are at the discretion of the facility’s availability and criteria.
- When individuals are attending any Facility for Practical Placement they must wear a student uniform at all times. Aged Care Training Services will supply you with a name badge.
- Aged Care Training Services will arrange your placement for you! We work with a number of excellent facilities in the Western Australia regional areas. When we are arranging placement for you we always try to get our students into the most convenient location for you. Students need to be available for shifts from Monday to Friday, 7 am or 9 pm. There is no weekend work required.
- When students are attending any Aged Care work placement they must wear a student uniform at all times. The uniform consists of the following:
- Plain black pants or slacks. No denim, cargo pants or tracksuit pants. This is at your own cost.
About Aged Care Training Services
We are a respected registered training organisation with a reputation of producing qualified personal care attendants who are well prepared and suited to a caring role in aged care.
Aged Care Training Services prepares learners so they can advance with confidence in their chosen career by:
- Developing up to date and relevant course content in consultation with Industry experts and Health Care Providers
- Responding to the needs of our learners by taking the time to ensure each individual’s learning plan is considered and where required guidance, further assistance or development time is organised
- Timely delivery of training which assists individuals to develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude so as they are able to respond to many challenging and diverse environments in the context of delivering care. Aged Care Training Services is a well known and respected registered training organisation with a reputation of producing qualified personal care attendants who are well prepared and suited to a caring vocation
Aged Care Training Services is A Registered Training Organganistion (RTO #6127)