The ICT30120 – Certificate III in Information Technology – Focus on Basic Cyber Security Awareness will have you study general ICT units that can equip you with the skillset needed to carry out fundamental technical tasks. You’ll also explore elective units that focus on cyber security, which can inspire you to pursue further study should you wish to make it a core focus in your career.
There’s a skills shortage in cyber security workers, so demand in this specialisation is very high. With interesting and challenging work available, as well as high salary potential, this course may help you build the foundational skills needed to find career success in cyber security.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
What You'll Learn
- Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- Identify and report online security threats
- Install and optimise operating system software
- Evaluate characteristics of cloud computing solutions and services
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 12-18 months
- Upskilled always want to ensure that our students are enrolled in the right course for them. Please speak to one of our Education Consultants to get more details.
By choosing Upskilled, you’ll gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled’s customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
- LinkedIn Learning
Show Off Your Achievements with Upskilled Digital Credentials!
Students who successfully complete their qualification receive a digital badge from Upskilled to display on LinkedIn and other social media platforms, your resume and more. Our sharable badges are portable, verifiable credentials that validate your knowledge, skills and experience in the area of your studies.
Since you worked hard to earn it – why not show everyone your accomplishments?
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- Following enrolment, you can request further information from Student Support. A trainer will then be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)