Want to help clients achieve their health, fitness and body composition goals? The Certificate in Performance Nutrition focuses on the interrelated factors that can contribute to weight loss, muscle gain or increased physical performance. Utilising the latest nutritional science research, and interventions for health and performance, you’ll feel confident in recommending a customised nutrition plan to your clients.
Who's It For?
This course is ideal for existing health and fitness professionals, including personal trainers and strength and conditioning coaches looking to add nutrition coaching to their services. Anyone passionate about health and nutrition, whether for their own personal performance goals or as a career would benefit from studying the Certificate in Performance Nutrition.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Nutritional consultant
- Performance nutrition coach
- Nutrition coach
- Wellness coach
- Health coach
What You'll Learn
- Analyse a client’s current dietary intake and calculate their caloric needs
- Provide customised and individualised meal plans for clients
- Calculate the correct macronutrient ratios for improving a client’s performance
- Determine a client’s body composition and metabolic rate
- Discuss the pros and cons of various dietary interventions
- Educate clients about health and sports supplements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 12 months
- 1-5 study hours per week
Study on your schedule, with no deadlines or due dates. You’ll have access to all of your lessons and assessment, so you can progress through the course at your own pace. As you study, your online course will save your progress.
The Certificate in Performance Nutrition is recognised by the International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT), with Onfit Training College being an approved training provider. IICT is one of the recognised international professional industry bodies, providing accreditation throughout 35+ countries, across New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the UK and Europe.
- Multiple choice
- Short answer questions
- Case studies
About Onfit Training College
Onfit Training College specialises in online health & fitness education, with flexible study options & support 7 days a week. Our team are passionate about supporting you throughout your studies and into your dream career, with our range of courses in fitness, nutrition & allied health.
Onfit Training College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#32107)