Are you passionate about children? Do you aspire to work in a teaching environment? Do you love being part of a child’s learning process? Do you want to learn more about behavioural and information processing theories? Then this course is for you.
Designed as an introductory course to deliver the foundations of teaching and effective learning environments to set you up for success as a Teacher’s Aide. Explore practical techniques to deliver lessons that inspire, motivate and encourage students to learn, to ensure you are confident in a classroom setting. Discover the different ways children learn and how to manage challenging behaviours in a teaching-learning situation.
Who's It For?
This course may be of interest to people working, or aspiring to work in or as:
- Teacher’s Aide
- Music Teacher
- Youth Leader
- Teacher’s Assistant
- Teacher in Extra-Curricular Activity (such as Drama, Sport)
- School Environment
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 200 hours spaced across 2 key modules and 15 subjects
Assessments are an important part of your study journey as they help ensure you stay on track and meet the learning objectives of each lesson before moving onto the next. They also help your student support advisor and mentors identify where any further support may be required, so that you get the most out of your course. You will learn via various methods; a combination of reading, undertaking research and watching videos. Assessments might include case studies, quizzes, and written assessments.
- Student Support: You’ll be fully supported with access to an allocated student support advisor, tutor and our experienced course advisors, who are available to you 5 days a week
- Certification: Upon completing the course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and Certificate of Completion
- Availability of Content: 12 months to access the course content (extensions are considered on a case-by-case basis)
Module 1: Classroom Delivery Skills
In this module you will explore practical and important skills required to have a successful teaching-learning experience within a classroom environment. Discover strategies to help improve a student’s ability to listen, while at the same time exploring ways to better your communication delivery to optimise learning. Learn how to motivate and engage students by fostering their unique differences and adapting your teaching style accordingly.
Module 2: Educational Psychology
Educational psychology explores how human beings develop in terms of language, memory and learning processes. In this module, you will learn how to apply this educational psychology to various learning environments to get the best out of your students and enhance your teacher-student relationships. You will explore different approaches to teaching and learning, and their benefits or disadvantages in different situations. Gain a better understanding of the various theories of development and learning, to ensure the lessons you design are effective and successful.
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.