Do you have a passion for travel and dream of making it your career? Are you interested in getting a foot in the door in the growing tourism industry? Do you love the process of planning holidays and discovering the best way to experience a destination? Do you want to learn about the different opportunities that exist in travel management and tours? Then this course is for you.
The travel and tourism industry is experiencing rapid growth, which makes it an exciting time for travel agents and tour guides and operators, as more opportunities continue to present themselves. This introductory course is designed to deliver a solid foundation into the tourism industry, from booking services, accommodation and travel, to attractions and tours. More and more people are wanting new experiences when they travel, unique and customised to their personal interests, which is part of an emerging tourism market referred to as Special Interest Tourism (SIT). This course will delve deeper into what SIT means and look at what opportunities exist in this exciting new area of tourism.
Who's It For?
This course may be of interest to people working, or aspiring to work in or as:
- Travel agents
- Tour Operators
- Tour Guides
- Travel Management Companies
- Accommodation Owners
- Tourism Industry Professionals
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 200 hours spaced across 2 key modules and 16 subjects
Assessments are an important part of your study journey as they help ensure you stay on track and meet the learning objectives of each lesson before moving onto the next. They also help your student support advisor and mentors identify where any further support may be required, so that you get the most out of your course. You will learn via various methods; a combination of reading, undertaking research and watching videos. Assessments might include case studies, quizzes, and written assessments.
- Student Support: You’ll be fully supported with access to an allocated student support advisor, tutor and our experienced course advisors, who are available to you 5 days a week
- Certification: Upon completing the course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and Certificate of Completion
- Availability of Content: 12 months to access the course content (extensions are considered on a case-by-case basis)
Module 1: Tourism I
This foundation module aims to deliver a broad introduction into the nature and scope of the tourism industry, an industry that employees millions of people around the world. You will gain a better understanding of all elements of the industry, from booking services, to transport and accommodation, to tour guides and operators. Learn how to better understand your client’s needs to ensure you can provide relevant recommendations specific to their requirements and travel plans. The module also delivers the fundamental operational skills required in the travel industry, from booking flights, group tours and accommodation
Module 2: Tourism II: Special Interest Tourism
This module was designed to provide an introductory overview into the exciting emerging tourism market, Special Interest Tourism. Discover what SIT encompasses and why there is a growing demand for this type of tourism, which caters for specific interests of groups and individuals. Gain a better understanding and explore the four main experiences of SIT, which includes Rewarding, Enriching, Adventuresome Experiences and Learning Experiences.
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.