- This is a fee-for-service program. There is no government funding available
Certificate in Youth Development and Counselling
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and adolescents?
If you are passionate about working with children and young people then this online course is perfect for you. You will learn about theories of childhood development (e.g. morality, cognition, psychosocial), as well as develop core counselling skills. The modules offer an opportunity to learn about specialist areas such as mental health problems which have their onset in childhood, adolescent development, and disorders of childhood.
You will also learn more general psychology which can be applied to people of all ages, or focusing on specific areas for counselling. You can study this flexible course in your own home and at your own pace, and you will have support from our experienced and highly qualified tutors.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 300 hours
- Online with tutor support via email or phone
- Extend your understanding of psychology and youth counselling
- Learn the skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues
- Developed and delivered by psychology and youth counselling experts
- You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete
- Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
About The Career Academy
The Career Academy is a leading Australian training provider of industry accredited online courses. Their education driven team are committed to providing exceptional online courses and personal tutor support. The Career Academy offers a range of specialist courses to improve job performance, and their focus is on mentoring, inspiring and supporting people through training so their career or business can reap the rewards. The Career Academy’s course delivery is flexible, so their students can study with minimal disruption to their daily life. They offer flexible payment plans so anyone wanting to learn has the opportunity no matter their circumstances. Many of their tutors are qualified Chartered Accountants and hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.