Are you looking for a career that will give you emotional fulfilment? When you become a marriage celebrant, your work day is to help your clients have the best day of their lives. Over recent years, there has been a staggering shift from traditional church ceremonies to the more personal and flexible option of civil ceremonies for life events.
Founded by experienced celebrants, Gary and Karen Rose, our experienced team instruct you on the many varied ceremonies covered by the course. This includes alternative ceremonies for all couples, naming ceremonies and funeral celebrancy. With hundreds of happy customers having already completed the Cert IV in Celebrancy through Rose Training Australia, we continue to develop our course to ensure that our Celebrants are given the best information, training and skills to become confident celebrants.
Please Note – This course is available as a Virtual Workshop. For the online course please go here (Australia wide).
What You'll Learn
When you complete the Celebrancy, you have the opportunity to register as a celebrant, and you can perform and array of celebrancy services including baby naming and funeral services. On successful completion, you will be awarded with a Certificate IV in Celebrancy, which is the minimum requirement for registration as a marriage celebrant.
Once you have received your certificate, you can contact the Attorney General’s Department to obtain an application package to become registered as a marriage celebrant. Units completed for this qualification meet the requirements of the Registrar of Marriage Celebrants, as set out in regulation 37G(2) of the Marriage Regulations 1963.
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
Our philosophy to training is one of assisting the learner to reach all of their goals in a way which is as stress-free as possible. We know that people learn better when the delivered training is relevant to their needs, made as enjoyable as possible and learners feel they are achieving their goals.
- Our classes will still be running as live virtual workshops using Zoom.
- One-on-one over the phone support will be provided to ensure easy access to your virtual classroom. If you are using a PC without a webcam we will order one and have it delivered to you and then show you how to install it so you can participate in the workshops from the comfort and safety of your own home. Laptops, phones and tablets have built-in cameras and microphones – we will show you how to use Zoom on whatever you use.
- Everyone joining a virtual class will have a call from student support beforehand to help you become familiar with virtual interaction, and the Rose Training Team will still be contactable via phone and email for any questions you may have.
- Rose Training has moved quickly to both protect you and also enhance your training experience as we help you achieve your training goals by using virtual classrooms – giving both students and staff the ability to remain safe and secure within their own homes while enjoying the full interaction a workshop environment provides.
- Students are able to interact with both their Marriage Celebrant trainer and their fellow students just as they would in a classroom setting – just raise your hand to ask a question.
- Your trainer will share her presentation by sharing her computer screen or webcam, and will demonstrate how to use the online learning materials.
- Regular question and answer sessions allows students to ask and get answers to their questions. Each day has 3 x 45 minute sessions from 9 to 12 am and 3 more after lunch.
- The video and audio quality is excellent, and it’s a fun and enjoyable way to learn!
- Each day you will get a link to every session so you can go back and review it when you are doing your assignment tasks.
For Virtual Workshops, there is a portfolio of work to be completed in students’ own time. Students are given 12 months to complete this portfolio but may hand in their work at any time within a 12 month period. The Head-Start Virtual Workshops (either 5 days over 1 week, or over 5 consecutive Saturdays or 3 consecutive weekends or 10 consecutive Thursdays evenings) give Rose Training’s Celebrancy students a solid foundation by having our experienced tutors deliver and explain the most up to date information needed to complete the Certificate IV in Celebrancy. This is followed by up to 12 months of supported online study, and other face-to-face workshops or assessment events where needed. The volume of learning for the Certificate IV in Celebrancy is typically completed in six months to one year.
About the portfolio of work
This portfolio is an essential aspect of reinforcing your learning and consists of around 40% of your assessments. There is no new information given during this portfolio; it is a fortifying activity where students apply the skills learned in the Virtual face-to-face component of the course to eight case studies.
About Rose Training Australia
Rose Training Australia, cares about their students and their learning outcomes. The trainers are hand-picked not only for their exceptional industry skills and experience, but for how they engage and work with students one-on-one to foster confidence. As a family business, Rose Training wants students to feel like they’re part of that family. This family dynamic adds a unique dimension to the business where customers feel cared for. They believe this is the biggest point of difference that Rose Training Australia has to offer.
Their mission statement is ‘Helping you shape your future’, and the whole team at Rose Training Australia exemplifies this mission because they genuinely care about the success of their students. When a student walks out through the doors of Rose Training Australia, they’re not just leaving with a piece of paper – they’re leaving with the tools they actually need to shape their future.
Rose Training Australia is a Registered Training Organisation, trading as Rose Training Australia Pty Ltd (RTO code – 31939).