The FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is ideal for those individuals undertaking or seeking roles in the accounting sector, including bookkeepers, accounts clerks and BAS Agents.
Delivered via online study, this new qualification introduces students to a broad range of accounting and bookkeeping skills including the preparation of financial reports, completion and lodging of business activity and instalment activity statements, ledger administration, cloud computing and processing financial transactions.
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping is an educational qualification requirement as determined in Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009, which sets the professional qualifications and experience required to become a registered tax agent, registered BAS agent and tax (financial) adviser.
Who's It For?
- Mentor Education's Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) is suitable for professionals currently in a bookkeeping or accounting role, looking to validate their existing skills and knowledge with a formal qualification. It is also suitable for those seeking to enter the industry in an accounting or bookkeeping role
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Clerk
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Accounts Receivables Officer
- Administrative Officer
- BAS Agent
- Accounts Assistant
- Payroll Officer
- Investment Analyst
- Cost Accountant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 2 years
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications.
In order for students to successfully complete this qualification, it is recommended that students have a strong grasp of computer/technical skills, MYOB installed on their computer (free MYOB student version provided by Mentor Education), Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) installed on their computer, access to a reliable high-quality internet connection and literacy/numeracy skills.
After enrolling into this program, you will have the option to receive student membership with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and/or the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) and free of charge.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers student membership
You will have the option to receive a 2-year Student Membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers. This entitles you to the following services with the ICB:
- specialised student newsletter keeping you up to date with changes in the industry,
- student resources to assist you in learning more about working as a bookkeeper; and
- network meetings with industry professionals
Institute of Public Accountants student membership
As part of your Institute of Public Accountants student membership you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to IPAs online Magazine Our Public Accountant Digital Hub
- Introductions to popular IPA Discussion Groups, held all over Australia, with top speakers on a range of subjects
- Invitations to events and networking forums with top accounting and finance leaders
Assessment may include:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Short answer questions
- Long Answer Questions
- Case Study and Scenario’s
- Research Tasks
- Role Play
About Mentor Education
Established in 2003, we are Australia’s largest privately owned training organisation focused purely on Financial Services & Business training market. Many of our graduates currently work for Australia’s leading financial services institutions (including Big 4 Banks) and small businesses all around Australia. Building on the strong relationships we develop with learners completing our courses, our industry experts are available by arrangement to provide ongoing mentoring on an individual or organisation-wide basis.
Exemplary Student Support
With nearly 20 years’ experience, Mentor Education has gained an enviable reputation amongst financial and business services professionals as a result of its commitment to providing an exceptional student experience, professional training and assessment material supported by best of breed technology and a dedicated, passionate team.
Our commitment to you
Our commitment is exemplified by the high level of student support received – our industry experts and assessors are available to personally respond to your questions and offer constructive feedback and guidance.
Mentor Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21683)