Are you looking to develop new skills and knowledge in a range of bookkeeping tasks to increase your employability? Do you have more than 2 years of experience in bookkeeping? Are you looking to formalise your existing skills and experience to potentially become a BAS agent in the near future?
If your answer is yes, then the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping FNS40217 is what you need.
Note: For those seeking registration as a BAS agent, please contact the Tax Practitioner Board for more information about the requirements and application process.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts payable officers
- Accounts receivable officers
What You'll Learn
This program will touch on the following topic areas:
- Preparing business activity statements and PAYG instalments
- Processing payroll reports and financial reports
- Creating operational budgets
- Understanding the accounting and bookkeeping requirements
- Processing interim reports
- Using subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Setting up and using an accounting system (MYOB)
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Up to 18 months
Recognition of prior learning
You might be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for your previous work or study, saving you time and money on your course. Ask our team about eligibility.
Self-paced online study
Online learning provides options for participants to learn in a self-paced environment. Perfect for those with busy schedules. Our philosophy is, Learn, Develop, Improve. Anytime. Anywhere!
Need customised study options? We have tailored options to meet you or your staff needs. Ask our experienced consultants how we can tailor a program to meet your busy schedule, lifestyle, and budget.
- There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification
- Participants will have access to student support services via phone, email, and SMS from Monday to Friday during business hours
- Access to a trainer and assessor via phone, email, and SMS 5 days per week, Monday to Friday during business hour
- Computer or laptop
- Stable internet connection
- An email account
- A phone
- Microsoft Office Suite version 2013 or later
- Recording device such as a mobile phone/video recorder
- Access to at least 3 people to help you demonstrate your ability to interact with others during course projects (Not required for RPL)
- RPL students only: Be able to provide at least 2 professional referees to validate previous roles, projects and work experience
- Access to a printer
- Access to a calculator (can be hand-held or a computer/mobile app)
The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping FNS40217 requires the completion of 13 units comprising of 8 core units and 5 electives.
About Techskill Academy
Techskill Academy is a fully licensed and Registered Training Organisation (Provider License 45055). With a combined 50+ years of industry experience, Techskill Academy is committed to helping you improve your career and business outcomes through RPL and a list of high demand nationally accredited courses.
Why Techskill Academy?
- Techskill Academy is an Experienced Industry Professional
- Nominated for Telstra Business of the Year 2020
- All programs are written and contextualised by industry experts and meet current industry standards
- First-class documented work-flow system supporting your learning journey
- One of the most price competitive registered training providers in the country
Techskill Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#45055)