If you are looking to enter the financial services sector or create a pathway to university, this entry-level accounting course is ideal.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts clerk
What You'll Learn
The course covers core accounting skills and knowledge to perform duties such as:
- BAS statements
- Operational reporting
- Preparing budgets
- Recording and reporting
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Applicants are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to Year 12 level.
- Note: If you cannot read and write documents and complete maths work to the level required you may be accepted to the course, but you may be enrolled in additional subjects to help you build the skills needed to successfully complete the program.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)