- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
This is a great opportunity to gain two qualifications that are highly regarded in the Aged Care industry. The dual course Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) and Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (CHC43415) is a good place to start if you want to work in the aged care industry. Emphasising patient care and well-being, these two courses include hands-on experience with qualified industry professionals and will prepare you for roles in both community and home environments. These two courses are combined allowing you to gain two Certificate IV qualifications by completing only a few extra units.
We provide a warm and welcoming environment and all our trainers are caring and dynamic with extensive industry experience. Through a fun, dynamic, flexible and supportive learning environment, you will develop the confidence you need to take that important first step.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Activities Officer
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Care Supervisor
- Community Leisure Officer
- Personal Care Worker
What You'll Learn
- Work legally and ethically
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Work with diverse people
- CPR and First Aid
- Contribute to leisure and health industries
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Food handling
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 35 weeks- 2 days per week
- 240 hours work placement
Practical Placement: 240 hours
We have connections with a range of aged care facilities, that provide our students with hands-on learning in high quality aged care facilities during Practical Placement.
NIET provides its students with additional practical placement hours, as it gives students a chance to gain extra hands-on experience and further develop their skills in the workplace. Employers look favourably on students who have completed additional hours, as it enhances student’s knowledge and develops their skills.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is recognition of prior learning and may allow some students to have prior experience assessed. Credit transfers are available to students who are able to present appropriate evidence. For further information regarding Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers please enquire now.
We use a range of assessment methods including:
- Written assessments
- Case studies
- Group discussions
- Workplace portfolios
- Oral questions
- Practical placement logbook
NIET is operating as normal during COVID-19, in line with government measures. Scheduled courses are still going ahead.
About Nepean Industry Edge Training
As a quality-focused and reputable training organisation, our industry connections allow us to train students in current practices, giving our students job-ready skills upon course completion.
Our industry experience means we understand what the workplace is looking for in the way of staff and make sure courses will give employers and individuals the maximum return on their investment.
We know that when training is delivered clearly and concisely by passionate individuals, all students have the opportunity to achieve their potential. The result is a competent and confident employee that contributes real value to the organisation.