- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
If you have a passion for working with our precious older population or are interested in pursuing a career in this well-needed field on a supervisory level this course is for you. The course can be done completely online from anywhere in Australia.
This course involves practical as well as theoretical components. Some training and assessments will be conducted in a workplace training setting. It is highly recommended that students are immunized against Hepatitis B. Inoculations should begin prior to the commencement of study.
This qualification addresses work primarily in residential facilities within defined organisation guidelines and service plans.
- Carry out activities related to maintaining an individual’s well being through personal care and/or other activities of living
- May provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people
- Report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers
- May be required to supervise an/or coordinate a limited number of other workers
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant hostel supervisor
- Care supervisor
- Care team leader
- Day activity worker
- Hostel supervisor
- Personal care worker
- Program coordinator – social programs
- Support worker
- Aged care facility manager
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
1,235 hours of self-paced study.
To gain entry in CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support a candidate must be recognised as competent, through a recognised training program or recognition process, against the core units from CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) (or equivalent).
About Health Courses Australia
Health Courses Australia is a Registered Training Organisation offering Nationally Recognised Qualifications in Health, Aged, Counselling and Dental assistance. The main objective of Health Courses Australia is to ensure nationally recognised qualifications can still be done majorly via online or distance while still working within the boundaries of compliancy making them accessible to people living in remote areas, work at home mums or people who work full time or part-time and just cannot afford to attend a physical location for upskilling or entering into a new industry. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.
Health Courses Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32412)