Advance an aged care career and get qualified to take on specialised tasks in residential, home or community-based care environments.
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who provide personalised care to clients. Learners will work within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery. Learners may also be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others.
This course is suited for individuals working in aged care who are ready for more responsibilities and want to take their career to the next level.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Care supervisor
- Program Coordinator – social programs
- Care Team Leader
- Residential care worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Sunshine Coast
Duration and Study Load
- 14 months
- This course is delivered via correspondence delivery over approximately a 14 month period with 120 practical placement hours
- This is a paper-based method where you can study from in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. The learning material will be mailed out to you and you will be able to contact your trainer through email, phone or skype
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2
- You need to provide a current National Police Check or you must provide evidence that you have applied for a police check in your respective state as soon as possible
- Learners must be currently employed in a direct client care role within the aged care sector and hold a Certificate III in Individual Support
A minimum of 120 working hours must be logged in a community care services organisation.
About Royal College of Healthcare
Royal College of Healthcare is a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high quality, nationally accredited training in the aged and disability care sectors in Queensland. Our mission is to impact the community by developing future-ready professionals who value care and compassion.
With over 13 years of experience educating more than 6,500 learners, studying with Royal College means our learners benefit from our experience and innovative approach to learning and education. Our range of hands-on qualifications cater to every stage of the aged and disability care career path and are delivered by exceptional trainers who ensure learners are equipped with relevant knowledge and the confidence to excel. It’s never too late to pursue your dream career and help create a future filled with kindness, respect and compassion – enquire today.
Royal College of Healthcare is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO:31994)