- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Get the most sought after qualification in the caregiving industry.
Aged care is a rapidly growing industry, thanks to an overall ageing population. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, Australia has a larger proportion of the population being 65 years of age or older and require care.
Australia’s ageing population has created a huge number of job availabilities in the aged care industry. These jobs pay well, are plentiful, and offer the reward of improving the quality of life for Australia’s senior population. At Nepean Industry Edge Training, we are here to help you get your foot in the door of this growing job market with our aged care courses.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Activities Officer
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Care Supervisor
- Community Leisure Officer
- Personal Care Worker
What You'll Learn
- Work legally and ethically
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Work with diverse people
- CPR and First Aid
- Contribute to leisure and health industries
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Food handling
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 35 weeks- 2 days per week
- 240 hours work placement
Practical Placement: 240 hours
We have connections with a range of aged care facilities, that provide our students with hands-on learning in high quality aged care facilities during Practical Placement.
NIET provides its students with additional practical placement hours, as it gives students a chance to gain extra hands-on experience and further develop their skills in the workplace. Employers look favourably on students who have completed additional hours, as it enhances student’s knowledge and develops their skills.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is recognition of prior learning and may allow some students to have prior experience assessed. Credit transfers are available to students who are able to present appropriate evidence. For further information regarding Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers please enquire now.
We use a range of assessment methods including:
- Written assessments
- Case studies
- Group discussions
- Workplace portfolios
- Oral questions
- Practical placement logbook
NIET is operating as normal during COVID-19, in line with government measures. Scheduled courses are still going ahead.
About Nepean Industry Edge Training
As a quality-focused and reputable training organisation, our industry connections allow us to train students in current practices, giving our students job-ready skills upon course completion.
Our industry experience means we understand what the workplace is looking for in the way of staff and make sure courses will give employers and individuals the maximum return on their investment.
We know that when training is delivered clearly and concisely by passionate individuals, all students have the opportunity to achieve their potential. The result is a competent and confident employee that contributes real value to the organisation.