20% off course if you pay in full up front!
Have you ever wanted to help those who struggle with alcohol and drug addiction? Helping people suffering from substance abuse can be a challenging yet rewarding career path for those who have a passion for helping others.
The CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs focuses on moving you towards a career path that teaches you methods and skills to intervene and assist those seeking to break away from the grip of alcohol and drug addiction.
During our 8-month course, you will be properly equipped with a range of knowledge and skills to intervene in people’s lives’, help them understand their addiction and form achievable goals to manage and overcome their addiction.
Our Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs course will also teach you how to provide withdrawal services, as well as the ethical and legal requirements of working in the alcohol and drug-related supportive services.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Service Coordinator
- Youth Liaison Officer
- AOD Case Manager
- Support Worker
What You'll Learn
Our CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs course covers a range of content and skills in Building Relationships, Working in AOD Contexts, Assessing Client’s Needs, Intervention Programs, Domestic Violence, Loss and Grief Support, Mental Health, AOD Treatment Plans and more.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
8 months with the opportunity to extend.
This course is offered either;
- Online, with face-to-face practical assessments held in Perth
- Face-to-face at our Perth CBD Campus
TrainSmart Australia will assess a student’s ‘academic suitability’ to ensure the student has the best chance of success. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate III qualification (or above) that can be verified or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy.
All prospective learners will attend a mandatory face to face career counselling session to assess their suitability for this Certificate IV level qualification.
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
There is no work placement required for this course.
Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To achieve this qualification, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) either online or face-to-face.
TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)