- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
- Please note: this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with our updated course due for release in the next few months. Rest assured, completion of this course version with us before 30 October 2024 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a Career Advisor on 1300 616 197.
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) is a nationally recognised training qualification which teaches you how to implement health care program activities, confirm a patient’s physical health status, interpret and apply medical terminology and follow safe work practices for direct client care. The elective nutrition and dietetics specialisation course units have been developed to teach you how to evaluate menus, meet individualised plans and monitor and implement therapeutic diets.
A qualification in Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) opens up employment opportunities across the healthcare and well-being sectors where you can perform a vital role in health and community sectors, including rehabilitation centres, allied health, health promotion and hospital food service departments.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied Heath Assistant
- Nutrition and Dietetics Assistant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Students have up to 12 months to complete their studies.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable
(Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrom
MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later
Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
- Flexible Online Study – All of our courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to choose your course length.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with job-ready skills.
- Nationally Recognised Training Courses – All of our courses are Nationally Recognised and accredited.
Online combined with 120 hours of practical work placement
Flexible online learning, meaning you can study whenever and wherever suits you through our online learning platform, My eCampus. This course also includes a minimum of 120 hours of work placement to be recorded in a logbook, which will allow the learner to demonstrate competence.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
- Short answer questions
- Assignments / Projects
- Observation Report
- Practical Assessment / Project
- Case Study / Role Play
*This course contains the unit HLTAID011 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605), which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in your course fees.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is an established Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia that strives to provide flexible online training solutions tailored to suit the lifestyle of our students. Since 1999, our focus has been on delivering excellent Vocational Education and Training while fostering partnership networks that enhance the quality of graduates across various industries. We have a valuable collaboration with the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), our partner RTO. Offering over 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses, we stand out in the industry because:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are conveniently delivered online, allowing you to study at your own pace and location. You have the freedom to choose the duration of your course, whether completing it within the standard term or accelerating your studies to finish in just six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Throughout your learning journey, our team of industry-experienced technical advisors, assessors, and support officers will be there to guide and assist you from enrollment until graduation, ensuring you receive the support you need.
- Industry-Relevant Courses – We collaborate with industry experts to develop course materials that equip you with job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge aligned with your career aspirations, ensuring that our courses are relevant to the current industry demands.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)