- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) is a nationally recognised training qualification which teaches you how to implement health care program activities, confirm a patient’s physical health status, interpret and apply medical terminology and follow safe work practices for direct client care. The elective nutrition and dietetics specialisation course units have been developed to teach you how to evaluate menus, meet individualised plans and monitor and implement therapeutic diets.
A qualification in Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) opens up employment opportunities across the healthcare and well-being sectors where you can perform a vital role in health and community sectors, including rehabilitation centres, allied health, health promotion and hospital food service departments.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied Heath Assistant
- Nutrition and Dietetics Assistant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Students have up to 12 months to complete their studies.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable
(Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrom
MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later
Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
- Flexible Online Study – All of our courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to choose your course length.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with job-ready skills.
- Nationally Recognised Training Courses – All of our courses are Nationally Recognised and accredited.
Online combined with 120 hours of practical work placement
Flexible online learning, meaning you can study whenever and wherever suits you through our online learning platform, My eCampus. This course also includes a minimum of 120 hours of work placement to be recorded in a logbook, which will allow the learner to demonstrate competence.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
- Short answer questions
- Assignments / Projects
- Observation Report
- Practical Assessment / Project
- Case Study / Role Play
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)