- Student Visa Holders not accepted for enrolment into this course
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance provides the solution for what could be considered the ‘missing link’ in the health and fitness industry – by providing the skills and knowledge to better assist allied health professionals (and as a result, their clients) in their day to day roles.
Ideal for anyone wanting to work in the health and wellness industry, including fitness professionals, the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance will qualify you to work alongside health professionals such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrists and medical professionals and facilitate the rehabilitation of clients while encouraging optimal health.
As a part of this course, you’re able to elect specialisations to further your education, whether you want to work in the fields of physiotherapy, community rehabilitation, occupational therapy or fitness – just to name a few. Typical task and duties of an Allied Health Assistant include helping to implement general care programs and assisting clients with ongoing therapy, as well as working with patients in recreational and leisure activities.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied Health Assistant
- Physiotherapy Assistant
- Comunity Rehabilitation Assistant
- Exercise Assistant
What You'll Learn
You’ll learn how to communicate effectively within the health sector, learning appropriate medical terminology, to apply when communicating with clients and allied health professionals. You’ll be taught how to safely assist with client care, rehabilitation and how to assist with allied health programs.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 18 months to complete
Study online through our interactive learning portal. You’ll have your own learning profile, where you can complete all of your lessons and online theory assessment. Everything you need to know to complete your study will be within your online course, include resources and information on your practical assessment requirements. With our online study option, your course will be self-paced, so you can study when it suits you.
Health, Fitness and Wellness Professionals all over Australia choose Onfit to start their careers. Here’s why:
- Quality Education, by Online Course Specialists. Onfit are pioneers in online education and we’re passionate about perfecting the art of delivering quality education online. We pride ourselves on our engaging and enjoyable courses.
- Trusted and respected by Health, Fitness and Wellness Industry Experts. Part of what makes Onfit so different is that we directly consult with industry experts throughout the creation and development of our courses. Why? We want to ensure as an Onfit Graduate you start your career with confidence, knowing that the skills and knowledge you have, align with what’s needed in the real world!
- Flexible, Self-Paced Study. There’s no need to take time off work, or shift around other commitments, let your study fit around your schedule. You can study anytime day or night. We’ll set you up with a study planner so you can plan your study around your goals. Plus whenever you log into your course, you’ll be able to continue from where you left off, with one simple click!
- Superior Support. We’re with you every step of the way and are dedicated to ensuring your success as a newly qualified Personal Trainer. Our exclusive ‘Circle of Support’ Program has been designed to give you the highest quality support, when and how you need it. This includes after-hours and weekend support.
- Flexible payment options. Tell us about your budget and we can customise a flexible financial plan for your course. We offer Payment Plans and Pay in Full options.
- You’re required to complete 120 Hours of Work Placement, as part of your course requirements. Onfit Training College will provide assistance with organising your work placement with you.
- Please note, you must complete and be deemed Satisfactory for the simulated (role play) assessment, prior to commencing your work placement. Units with simulated assessment are identified in Unit Outlines below.
- Your Theory Assessment will include Multiple Choice Quizzes, Short Answer Quizzes, Case Studies & Verbal Assessment (Conducted via Phone)
- Your Practical Assessment involves Simulated Role Plays to help ensure you’re prepared for your work placement in the health industry
About Onfit Training College
Onfit Training College specialises in online health & fitness education, with flexible study options & support 7 days a week. Our team are passionate about supporting you throughout your studies and into your dream career, with our range of courses in fitness, weight management & allied health.
Onfit Training College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#32107)