- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
Want to become a Registered Building Legend but can’t make it to one of our physical classes and want to be in charge of your study timetable?
Builder’s Academy Australia, through our sister company, CWBTS is able to offer you a Video Led, Self-Paced – Online model that may be perfect for you.
This program covers the skills and knowledge needed by professional builders in the building industry. You will learn to run a small to medium construction business and take overall responsibility for completing the construction of a residential building. You will also learn the skills required to understand the processes involved in selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality and successfully liaise with clients.
Unlike other education providers who simply put a text book up on the internet and call it online learning, CWBTS is different. Our content is all video led, where you hear from industry experts on each topic and have the opportunity to book in and speak with your Trainer and Assessor as you require throughout your studies.
Our RTO is part of a leading homebuilder group with a 70 year history. We are experts in what we do and love helping tradies take the next step in their careers.
An alternative to traditional online classes
Building and construction is a hands-on industry, but with improvements in technology, our Self-Paced online model is becoming increasingly popular. Our content has been developed by industry experts and we have pre-recorded all of our classes in video format for you to watch in your own time.
With our Self-Paced model, you can log in and complete your classes and assessments at a time that is convenient to you. Self-Paced training is available throughout Australia.
Not every student is suited to online learning. But if you want flexibility, the freedom to study from home and to be the master of your own destiny, then our Self-Paced online model could be exactly what you need.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Construction Supervisor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
It is expected that this would be completed within an 18 month period and CWBTS is there every step of the way to help with your success. To set you up for ultimate success, CWBTS recommend that you allow up to 8 hours per week towards the completion of this qualification.
- You are over 18 years old or over
- You are competent in written and spoken English (language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed as part of the enrolment process)
- You are able to attend the scheduled classroom training sessions as per the timetable
- You will have access to a computer and the internet for the duration of the course
- You may or may not have previous experience building and construction industry
- Choose your career path
- Gain a nationally-recognised qualification
- Learn new skills
- Gain confidence and improve your employment opportunities
- Gain an advantage in today’s competitive workforce
- Graduate with a respected qualification within an industry with strong employment rates and excellent job prospects.
We offer a range of support services to Students who require extra assistance. Whether it’s a query about your assessment or the course content, our team of dedicated trainers are available to Students through email or phone.
If you require further assistance completing your assessments, you can also make a booking through our online booking system and have a live session with one of our trainers through Zoom or Skype.
About BAA & CWBTS
BAA is part of the Simonds Group which includes Simonds Homes, one of Australia’s largest builder of detached housing in Australia. This allows great insight into employee and Industry-focused educational delivery with an emphasis on the importance of meeting Industry needs. Building homes since 1949, Simonds Homes celebrates a heritage that is celebrated and trusted by Australian families and Industry.
Through our sister company, CWBTS, also a registered training organisation, we are able to offer you a premium self-paced building course online. CWBTS also draws on its deep connections to Simonds Homes and with this close industry link, CWBTS provides the highest quality curriculum and training services to prepare graduates for today’s competitive workforce.
BUILDERS ACADEMY AUSTRALIA is a trading name of House of Learning Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21583)