- Please note, this course is available to Australian citizens, Permanent Residents or New Zealand passport holders. It is NOT available for Subclass 500 visa holders
- If you have previously completed a Diploma or higher-level qualification, you are NOT eligible for Victorian Government funding
This course has been designed to meet the needs of aspiring or working tradesmen who intend to become Building Supervisors, Building Managers or Site Supervisors. It provides a perfect starting point for people who want to start their own building business and prepare for the builders registration.
This Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) is delivered either face to face in a physical classroom environment or in a virtual environment through online classes. BCTA ensures that the training is delivered to the standards of a real workplace environment.
You will be trained by best trainers in the industry with extensive experience giving you detailed insights into the skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career in the Building and Construction industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Site manager
- Construction manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- Forest Hill
- Glen Waverley
- Williams Landing
Duration Study Load
This course runs for 8-11 months depending on your level of experience in the industry.
The program is delivered through classroom-based training. We start by providing you with the organisational and planning skills to identify your goals and organise your work and study commitments to achieve a positive outcome.
We then provide the necessary legislative and regulatory theory that underpins all building work, along with the structural principles. You then move into the contracts, plans and specifications which guide the project, followed by the tasks required prior to setting up the site and then we look at how things are done on-site.
Finally, you will gain the skills and knowledge required to establish their own small building and Construction Business.
It is essential that students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills at Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Participate in a Pre-Training Review
- Not have previously completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification to be eligible for Victorian Government funding
- Be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand passport holder
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning is an assessment process that assesses the individual’s relevant prior learning to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit.
BCTA will ensure that your prior learning and existing skills are recognised, irrespective of how or where they have been acquired.
You will be assessed through a range of assessment methods including workbook learning activities, written assignments, written questions & answers and projects
About Building and Construction Training Australia
Here at BCTA, we offer building and construction courses. We deeply understand the industry and have strong relationships within the building and construction community and have vast experience in the education sector.
Strong connections in the industry enable us to deliver qualifications that simulate real-world skills.
Our graduates depart with the confidence to take the next step in their career.
At BCTA, we strive every day to provide our students with current best practices, training simulated to provide industry conditions in order to develop their skills and knowledge. BCTA’s exclusive training materials and delivery methods will assist them in achieving the qualifications required as they journey along their chosen career path.
All BCTA staff will adhere to the principles and practices of equity in education and training; they will treat every student fairly and without discrimination. BCTA has procedures in place to ensure any student concerns are dealt with immediately and appropriately.
Building and Construction Training Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 22597)