- This program is intended for experienced tradespeople who are serious about investing in themselves to develop career path opportunities for the future. It requires a commitment to attend training and to complete assignments within specified deadlines.
The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (CPC40120) is designed to meet the needs of people working in the building industry and who aim to be builders and managers of small to medium-sized building projects.
This nationally recognised qualification will increase your knowledge and skills in the Residential Building Industry. This program helps develop skills in project supervision, building project management, building estimating and construction business management.
What You'll Learn
Graduates of this course will develop and display a range of skills to effectively and efficiently plan and execute the construction of residential & low rise buildings, focusing on the following core objectives:
- Understand the legal requirements for residential and low rise commercial buildings projects
- Access, interpret and apply relevant building codes and standards to construction processes of residential and low rise commercial buildings
- Read and interpret plans and specifications so as to accurately estimate, plans and supervise low rise residential and commercial building and construction projects
- Inspect the workplace for hazards and conduct OHS risk assessments. Understand OHS legislation and how to comply
- Apply structural principles to the erection or demolition of low rise residential and low rise commercial structures
- Undertake risk analysis for all aspects of a construction business
- Supervise the implementation of administrative processes relating to residential and commercial construction projects
- Plan on-site activities, source resources and develop documentation for relevant authorities related to residential and commercial building and construction projects
- Knowledge of tender preparation and interpretation of project demands and requirements and the capability to bring together a body of diverse information for tender review, selection and interpretation
- Select and prepare appropriate construction contracts, including the sections, clauses and conditions for low rise construction projects
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Narre Warren
- Mornington Peninsula
Duration and Study Load
- Learners will be expected to commit about 10-15 hours per week in their day-to-day workplaces to learn, practice and demonstrate the skills taught
- Face to face classroom, Virtual, or blended (or delivered in the workplace), supplemented by extensive workplace practice
- It is required that learners be employed in a position in the construction industry that allows them to demonstrate application of process and management skills required by the program. Learners will need access to the internet for on-line research and activities.
- Learners must hold a White Card as evidence of their participation in the industry
- Programs can be customised to meet individual or workplace requirements. On the job training and assessment, activities are built into our programs to benefit employers and enable learners to develop relevant workplace skills
- We actively tailor training for people from diverse backgrounds, including those with disabilities, and encourage all to apply
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Students who believe they have sufficient past experience to demonstrate full competence against particular units may apply for RPL
- Theory & knowledge assessments
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
- Project Work
- Workplace observations
- Workplace Supervisors’ reports
- Learning resources will be provided including; training manuals, powerpoint presentations, You-tube clips, webinars etc
About The Management Edge
Since 1982 The Management Edge has been a well respected and established training consultancy operating throughout Australia with head office in Melbourne. Over the past 30 years we have provided creative training and education solutions to many of Australia’s most prestigious public and private companies as well as governments in the ASEAN and Pacific Block.
Delivering over 35 nationally accredited qualifications, in business, management, logistics, manufacturing, mining and safety, we have established a reputation for delivery of quality workplace based training and improving workplace performance through customised programs and consultancy services. We now also offer a range of in-house and online training programs.
TME has also established international partnerships with offices located in India and China offering programs to international students.
The Management Edge is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 3927)