This qualification applies to a range of administrative roles in varied contexts. Individuals in these positions apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse information from a variety of sources and may provide some leadership and guidance to others.
This course is suited to a range of individuals who use well-developed administrative skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of administrative contexts. The qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of administrative settings including Human Resource Management, Finance and Legal Services, Warehousing and Storage and Government Services.
Our industry professionals will cover topics such as:
- General administration
- Workplace effectiveness and time management
- Financial and project-based administration
- Customer requirements
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Executive Assistant
- Strata Managing Agent
- Personal Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Office Supervisor
- Human Resources Supervisor
- Accounts Supervisor
- Board Secretary
- Senior Clinical Coder
What You'll Learn
This course will take learners from beginner to Business professional in twelve (12) months. Students will get a solid education in the fundamentals of administrative tasks and will graduate job-ready.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform such roles as:
- Producing a range of business documents using computer-based software
- Innovation within a team environment
- Meetings and agendas
- Establishing and maintaining customer networks
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- The duration of the course is twelve (12) months. If you are completing the course via correspondence or E-learning the time it will take you to complete is flexible and dependant on ability and time available
This course is delivered in a flexible program online with self-paced learning activities. Students have twelve (12) months to complete the course. The delivery modes provide the students with support through their studies by a team of experienced trainers and assessors, who are on hand to answer any questions you have and provide feedback on your progress.
- Correspondence: Acacia understands the need for flexibility when studying therefore we also offer the course via correspondence. Students will complete the written assessments in their own time and one of our experienced trainers will meet with the student, where necessary, to perform practical and simulated assessments
- E-learning: Students may choose to do their training via our E-learning online platform with full support from our experienced trainers. Available online in 2020
Acacia is committed to providing an inclusive learning environment. Principles of access and equity for all students are applied in all programs.
- Education: There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification
- Minimum age: Applicants will need to be at least 15 years old. If under 18 years of age the enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian. (For smart and skilled funding students must no longer be enrolled in school, see Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria on page 5 of this brochure for more information)
- English: This course involves reading and undertaking a range of written assessments, as well as engaging in group discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy: All applicants will be required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment prior to entry into the course. The purpose of this assessment is to determine whether you may require additional support in order to complete the course successfully. This way, we can tell you prior to enrolment if we are able to provide the level of support you require or if you might need to seek support from external agencies. Applicants will be given 45 minutes in which to complete the written parts of the assessment
- Pre-Training Review: Applicants will be required to complete a Pre-Training Review. This involves a set of questions from our Student Support team during a brief over the phone interview. This provides Acacia with a clear understanding of the applicant’s suitability to the course. This also provides the student with the opportunity to ask any questions they may have regarding the course
- Students have access to trainer support throughout the duration of their course, whether they are studying in classroom-based sessions, correspondence or online. Our experienced trainers are available to answer any questions students may have regarding the learning materials and assessments. The appointed trainer can be contacted via email, skype or phone, the student will be provided with these contact details on course commencement.
- The administrative team is available during business hours (9 am – 5 pm) Mondays to Fridays and can assist students with all administrative enquiries or issues, including enrolment, change of contact details, class schedules, online learning and certification. The administrative team can be contacted via email or phone.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Acacia understands that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process
- All students are entitled to apply for recognition in the course or qualification in which they are enrolled. This application should be made as soon as possible after enrolment. The aim of getting recognition is to avoid the completion of unnecessary learning activities in which a learner is already competent, by the provider assessing and acknowledging the skills and knowledge the student has acquired through formal and informal learning
- Students enrolled in a course subsidised by Smart and Skilled can apply for recognition in that qualification at no additional charge, and may be eligible for a reduced student fee based on recognition granted
- The methods in which students are assessed may include theory-based assessments, case studies, projects and observations
- This qualification is ungraded. Successful students will receive a qualification which shows their level of achievement for each unit as Competent unless Credit Transfer of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)* is granted for any units, in which case that will be indicated instead
- Every assessment must be successfully completed to demonstrate competency in each unit
- If you do not successfully complete an assessment, you will be given the opportunity to undertake a second assessment at another time
- If the student is completing the training via correspondence or E-learning students will require access to a computer with internet and Microsoft Office (or equivalent), software installed and a printer. All other necessary training and assessment materials will be provided
About Acacia Education & Training
Acacia Group is a community-based Registered Training Organisation delivering quality training across NSW for over a decade. We provide a wide range of training opportunities across a range of industries and have access to many Government funded training initiatives. Our training includes nationally accredited qualifications, full qualifications, part qualifications – skill sets and skills groups and traineeships. We also offer non-accredited training such as soft skills and professional development. Our goal is to share our industry knowledge and provide NSW communities and businesses with the information and skills to succeed within their chosen industry.
Acacia Education & Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#91469)