Do you want to help businesses grow and get ahead of their competition? With big data skills you will be able to help businesses translate ever increasing and complex data into meaningful insights.
As more and more industries recognise the potential of big data, employees with skills in capturing, interpreting and taking advantage of that data will grow in importance. Companies in every sector, industry and government are investing in employees with these skills today and in the future.
Big data is the term used for large volumes of structured and unstructured data that is too large to process through traditional database and software methods. Big data is the field that works with analysing, systematically extracting information from, or otherwise manipulating these very large data sets.
With this nationally recognised course, you will gain specialisation in big data, with the skills and knowledge required to analyse transactional and non-transactional big data in order to provide insights that are used in organisations. It involves identifying trends and relationships within big data, and establishing data acceptability, as well as forming recommendations based on the analysis, and reporting on analysis findings.Big data skills are needed in a broad range of industries and jobs that use big data analysis techniques in their day-to-day work.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Big Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data and Insights Analyst
- Marketing and Performance Analyst
What You'll Learn
- Understand mathematical and statistical concepts
- Complete complex calculations and records numerical data
- Identify and interpret information from big data sources
- Preparation of big data analysis in reports
- Efficiently and logically sequence the stages of big data analysis
- Use modern technology platforms to analyse big data
- Apply basic programming to conduct big data analysis
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- 12 – 18 months
There are no education requirements for this qualification. However;
- Participants must be 16 years old or over
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR
- 2 year of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- World-class online learning allowing study to fit around your life
- Balance work, family, social life and study
- Study on any device – desktop or mobile
- Real people helping you reach your goals
About Swinburne Open Education
We’re focused on helping more and more Australians achieve their career aspirations and ensure they’re prepared for future workforce needs.
The world is evolving during this Covid-19 Pandemic and education needs to evolve with it to ensure future workforce needs are met. There are many students currently putting off or pausing their education due to imposed safety constraints and economic uncertainty. We want to ensure that future workforce needs are met and that students can get the outcomes they aspire to, whether it’s a new job, a raise, or a career change.
When you study at Swinburne Open Education, you know your learning is in the best hands, with the education experience and prestige of our strategic partnership with Swinburne, and the commercial backing of one of the largest private education groups in APAC, UP Education. Together, we have built a world-class, online native learning platform, to help you reach your career goals – anywhere, anytime.
We support you to achieve your career goals, from work-integrated learning, though to work placement. We’ve partnered with industry experts that need people like you, now.
Swinburne University is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#3059)