Office administration (General Clerk) has a large workforce, with around 309,800 people currently employed in general clerical roles across the nation. This figure is projected to grow by 40,000 jobs over the next few years.
By combining in-demand office admin skills with financial reporting and payroll knowledge, this online business administration course will open up a range of career opportunities.
If you are already working in the industry, this nationally recognised qualification is a great way to formalise your current experience and climb the career ladder.
With Open Colleges, you can study whenever you want, wherever you want and make your way through the course at a pace that suits you.
Who's It For?
This course is perfect if you have no experience but would like to launch a career in office administration that has a particular focus on finance.
The certificate IV is also an ideal way to formalise your current work experience if you are already in the industry but need a qualification to get ahead.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accounts Supervisor
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Project Administrator
- Program Administrator
What You'll Learn
- Use digital technologies to collaborate with your colleagues
- Write complex documents
- Apply critical thinking to your work tasks
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- Implement and monitor WHS policies and procedures
- Build and maintain business relationships
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Develop your own personal work priorities
- Process financial transactions and maintain the appropriate financial records
- Report on financial activity
- Establish and maintain a payroll system
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Maximum 18 months
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, but it is also recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note: students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email — these skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher · Have access to a modern computer with video/audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note – limitations do apply.
- Multiple-choice Quiz
- Role plays
- Written assessments
- Learning content
- Additional resources
- Learning activities
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)