Are you interested in building a career in business and already have an impressive skillset when carrying out administration or operational tasks? The BSB40120 – Certificate IV in Business (Operations) is a nationally-recognised qualification that can boost your knowledge and skills, particularly in settings where administrative and business support is required.
Otherwise, you may be already working in the business field and looking to broaden your skillset – either to apply for that promotion or to gain a variety of useful business skills. This course can also prepare you for the career pathway of Office Administrator or Administration Assistant.
Who's It For?
- This qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources
- They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others
What You'll Learn
This qualification is comprised of units that cover relevant topics covered in the business field, including business risk management processes, recruitment and onboarding, and the use of digital technologies in the workplace.
This course has been designed to equip you with the skills needed to carry out administrative/business support in a variety of work settings.
In this course, you’ll learn to:
- Apply business risk management processes
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Research and develop business plans
- Develop personal work priorities
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Critical thinking skills
- Complex problem-solving
- Communication skills
- Collaborating with others
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Duration up to 18 months
As a guide, entrants to this program:
- Must be 18 years of age and have completed Year 10, or
- Have a qualification at Certificate III or higher, or
- Have 2 years of relevant experience, and
- Complete a course/suitability interview
Participants will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support Services
- Your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- Webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Video content access via:
- LinkedIn Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing operational skills. These include:
- A modern computer with high-speed internet
- Access to a digital video recording device and/or digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files to the Upskilled LMS.
- Chrome or Firefox browsers
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Software to view online videos and images such as Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, or Quicktime.
- Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to a scanner and associated software
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)