- This course is delivered online through virtual e-classroom, however occasional travel to Geelong, Victoria is required for workshop sessions
Are you interested in becoming a marriage celebrant? This course covers the core skills and knowledge that underpin a range of celebrancy roles within the community.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Funeral celebrant
- Marriage celebrant
- Family and community celebrant
What You'll Learn
The course addresses specific legislative responsibilities of marriage celebrants and provides a range of electives representing different aspects of celebrancy work. Throughout the course, you learn the practicalities involved in the role, how to prepare and deliver ceremonies, and the opportunity to experience all facets that show the difference between a good celebrant and a great one.
To qualify to become a Commonwealth-Registered Marriage Celebrant, it is now a requirement to complete a full Certificate IV in Celebrancy. This course also covers administrative requirements, legal responsibility and how to set up your business communication plan.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- Applicants are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level.
- Basic computer skills
- Applicants seeking to be registered as a marriage celebrant must meet the Attorney General’s criteria for a Fit and Proper Person. Visit ag.gov.au for specific information.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)