Turn your love of food into a career with a Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery in Melbourne.
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
- 250 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- 28 Fanning Street, Southbank, VIC, 3003
- You may be eligible for a government Smart and Skilled subsidy if you fulfil specific criteria, allowing you to enrol in a government-subsidised course with an approved Smart and Skilled training provider. To be eligible, you must fulfil the following four conditions: You are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen 15 years old or over No longer at school Living or working in NSW Payment options Course Fee Discounts* If you pay your course fee in full, upfront, you are entitled to a 20% Discount Loyalty Discount* You'll receive a 5% discount off the full course fee if you enrol in another full qualification with us Finance Option* Pay for courses with Zip NCA has access to Fee-Free Traineeships for students, employers, and workers in NSW! If you meet the eligibility criteria, you could be eligible to work whilst you study. Alternatively, if you are an employer looking to up-skill your staff, find out how we can help you achieve this and develop a fully qualified team!
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Chef De Partie
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 65 weeks (plus 12 weeks Holidays)
- Classroom, Apprenticeship, Workplace, Self-paced
- There are no formal pre-requisites for this course
- You are required to be employed and to have signed a National Contract for an Apprenticeship with your employer to undertake an Apprenticeship program. Before enrolment, you are also required to undertake a pre-training review process to determine your suitability for this course
- 264 hours
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT) are available
- Methods for assessment include written, practical/observation & demonstration
27 core & 6 elective units
About Melbourne City Institute of Education
MCIE is a vibrant Melbourne based Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with focus is on student support. MCIE has helped students fulfil their career goals in hospitality, early childhood education, aged care, leadership & management and business. Our students receive career-focused training that is industry driven to achieve best practice job ready outcomes. Industry consultation ensures the curriculum delivers the right skills, knowledge, and experiences that support students with vocational and employment goals.
Melbourne City Institute of Education is a trading name of Melbourne City Institute of Education Pty. Ltd. as Trustee for MCIE Unit Trust which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22172)