Do you want to learn how to assist others to maintain the quality of their lives? Do you hold a Certificate III qualification, work in an aged care or disability support role and want to have your existing competency recognised, gain formal credentials or up-skill? Expand your knowledge and skills with the CHC43121 Certificate IV in Disability Support.
With Phillips Institute, you can take control of your study and start anytime :
- Attend optional facilitated workshops one day per week or one evening per fortnight (Carnegie only)
- Enjoy learning and sharing your experience with other disability and health care professionals
- Be guided by our highly experienced and qualified facilitators who will develop your individual learning plan, and provide guidance to you with regular contact
- Continue to work your usual hours while you complete the course through blended-online or printed activities and assessments
What You'll Learn
This qualification addresses work in residential group homes, training resource centres, day respite centres and open employment services, other community settings and clients’ homes. Typically these workers:
- Carry out activities related to maintaining an individual’s well being through personal care and/or other activities of living
- May provide support or services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of people
- Work may include training and support to promote independence and community participation, which may be provided as part of activities and programs in a variety of settings including residential and centre-based programs
- Report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers
- May be required to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of other workers
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- While the full duration of this program is 69 months, some individuals may require up to 12 months to complete all course requirements, while others may be able to complete in a shorter time frame where relevant prior skills, knowledge and experience are demonstrated
- To gain entry into this course, you must have adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills in order to study at Certificate IV level. A Certificate III level vocational qualification and intention to specialise in disability sector is also strongly recommended for those with no prior industry experience. If you have no prior industry experience, we recommend you study the Certificate III in Individual Support prior to undertaking this program
- Applicants who intend to study online will need intermediate-level computer skills, access to a computer, an email account and a reliable internet connection
- This course is primarily intended for those who already hold a relevant Certificate III in either: Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care, Health Services Assistance or Allied Health Assistance or similar and/or who have worked in disability, aged care, home and community care, or allied health service areas and who wish to move into a supervisory or co-ordination role in disability. For those with no experience in a support or caring role, we recommend completion of the Certificate III in Individual Support followed by at least 12 months of employment experience in the sector before undertaking this course
About Phillips Institute
Our courses are nationally recognised, which means you receive the accredited training and current skills for the workplace that employers expect.
We offer government-funded training to eligible applicants for most courses, and we even offer easy payment plans whether you’re funded or paying the full fee.
Class-based, facilitator-led training, with day, evening and weekend classes for Certificate III and Certificate IV programs. We also offer blended flexible learning, with online or print-based options for Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
If your course requires a placement, we will assist to source and organise one for you as close to your home as possible. This is a service we’ve been offering to our students for over 20 years.
Dedicated, professional educators with current industry knowledge and skills, and extensive training experience, ready to assist you to take the next step. And because we consult regularly with employer organisations, the training we deliver is what the industry expects.
Phillips Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #21868)