- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Make yourself a valuable employee with this certification in disability care.
Whether you are looking to start a new career or increase your skills to a current employer, taking disability a care course is a great move. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), gives disabled persons and their families greater access to disability services than ever before. The NDIS has created greater demand for disability care services—both in the community and residential settings—which means an increased need for workers with the qualifications necessary to provide disability care.
If you want to position yourself as a high-value employee in the disability care landscape, then enrolling in our disability care course at Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) is a good way to start.
This qualification course assists in the goal of helping individuals with disabilities to feel more empowered, independent, and self-reliant. Our students learn how to promote community participation, wellbeing, and overall improved quality of life for their patients. These skills are rare, which means they are bound to be incredibly valuable with employers.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Disability Officer
- Residential Supervisor
- Lifestyle and Leisure Coordinator
- Job Coordinator (Disability)
- Development Officer
What You'll Learn
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Provide individualised support
- Work with diverse people
- CPR and First Aid
- Contribute to leisure and health programming
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
- Food handling
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 30 weeks- 2 days per week
- 240 hours work placement
Practical Placement: 240 hours
Practical Placement is part of the course and allows skills development in the workplace. Students have the chance to put their classroom knowledge into practice during Practical Placement by completing the allocated hours of practical placement in a regulated disability care facility. For learners who are working in the industry, working hours maybe used for practical placement with the approval of the employer.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is recognition of prior learning and may allow some students to have prior experience assessed. Credit transfers are available to students who are able to present appropriate evidence. For further information regarding Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers please enquire now.
We use a range of assessment methods including:
- Written assessments
- Case studies
- Group discussions
- Workplace portfolios
- Oral questions
- Practical placement logbook
NIET is operating as normal during COVID-19, in line with government measures. Scheduled courses are still going ahead.
About Nepean Industry Edge Training
As a quality-focused and reputable training organisation, our industry connections allow us to train students in current practices, giving our students job-ready skills upon course completion.
Our industry experience means we understand what the workplace is looking for in the way of staff and make sure courses will give employers and individuals the maximum return on their investment.
We know that when training is delivered clearly and concisely by passionate individuals, all students have the opportunity to achieve their potential. The result is a competent and confident employee that contributes real value to the organisation.