- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding
The Certificate IV in Education Support will give you the skills required to support the behaviour of children and young people, supervise students outside the classroom, apply a range of principles and processes to facilitate student learning and comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment.
You also gain skills and knowledge in providing support to students who face a range of challenges that may limit their participation in outcomes from the curriculum. Upon graduation, you will be qualified to provide a stimulating, safe and meaningful learning environment as a Teacher Aide, Education Assistant or Special Needs Teacher Aide. You will also be qualified to work as a Language or Literacy Worker, helping children how to read and write. Across all positions, you may be required to perform tasks with a moderate level of autonomy or under the supervision of other staff.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Teacher’s Aide / Teaching Assistant
- Education Assistant
- Special Needs Teacher Aide
- Language or Literacy Worker
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 24 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
For mandatory work placement (100 hours), students must have access to an education environment AND a qualified teacher who is employed at the school.
Education environments may include:
- Government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Private/non-government school (pre-primary, primary and secondary)
- Education centre
- Special educational centre
- Community educational centre
This course also requires a minimum of 100 hours of work placement in an education environment and a supervisor able to sign off on practical demonstration elements. You will also be required to undertake the unit HLTAID003 Provide First Aid through an external provider.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Given that some students may already be able to demonstrate their competence in some units, a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment process may be available to students to recognise skills and knowledge that may have been gained through formal and informal training and/or learning, work experience and life experience.
*This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 22557)