The BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability will help you understand the ongoing environmental pressures as well as how to influence policy to plan and effect change.
The wellbeing and management of our environment is vital and now more than ever a key concern both nationally and internationally.
If you are interested in a career in environmental management and sustainability, then the BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability will assist in building the skills and knowledge required to monitor and address environmental issues in a variety of industry sectors.
Who's It For?
- Individuals interested in a career in environmental management and sustainability
- Entrepreneurial individuals looking to launch their own business related to sustainability standards
- Business managers or business owners who are interested in becoming qualified and improving the sustainability standards of their business
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Environmental & Sustainability Officer/Manager
- Environmental Waste Officer/Manager
What You'll Learn
This BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability reflects the role of individuals who are engaged in environmental management and sustainability in a range of workplace contexts.
It covers the skills and knowledge required to monitor and address environmental issues including sustainable work practices, environmental management plans, carbon emissions and waste management, and provides a good foundation for individuals wishing to pursue further studies/careers in various aspects of environmental management and sustainability.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
18 months – distance learning (self-paced).
Estimated time allocations spread over the duration of the training are:
- Research and learning – 404 hours
- Work-based & Industry coaching – 120 hours
- Assessment collation, submission and feedback – 390 hours
The Transformed online learning platform provides ease of access from any device to study guides, materials and submission links. Course delivery is 100% online developed by Industry expert trainers who are current, qualified and industry certified in their fields.
The Transformed team will support you every step of the way with online, phone ad email support, training literature, resources, videos (including webinars) and assessor contact.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you already have workplace experience in procurement and contract administration roles in government, you may be eligible for RPL. This means you can complete your assessment by portfolio and interview.
You will need to provide substantial evidence of procurement administration and coordination experience, as well as evidence showing you understand and can apply skills and knowledge relevant to working in the government environment. You also need to provide a signed reference from a team leader or manager.
Talk to our team to find out if you are eligible for RPL.
Assessment methods for this course include:
- Answers to written theory questions, short and long answer questions
- Workplace assessment tasks
- Oral questioning, which may be used as an adjunct to other assessment methods and, when necessary, to address a learner’s literacy problems
- Online assessments
All candidates must complete the following 4 core units in the BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability:
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBSUS402 Implement an environmental management plan
- BSBSUS403 Measure, monitor and reduce carbon emissions
- BSBSUS404 Assess, implement, monitor and report on waste management
All candidates must complete the following 4 elective units in the BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability:
- BSBSUS405 Assess, monitor and reduce water use
- BSBSUS406 Identify and apply sustainability rating tools
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBSMB410 Review and implement energy efficiency in business operations
Transformed is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations. Our work has been recognised through dozens of awards and has been seen in the Australian Financial Review, BRW, The Australian to name just a few.
We have worked with some of Australia’s leading government, private sector and not-for-profit organisations and with thousands of individuals, building skills and knowledge since 2006. Our qualifications are designed, developed and delivered by industry experts to deliver what is needed on the job. Enrol and study at any time, with our 100% online courses.
Want to get a promotion, get a pay rise or get your dream job? Get qualified with Transformed.
Transformed Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #88152).