Do you have current experience in the horticulture industry? Would like to upgrade your skills and knowledge, gain a professional qualification and increase your employment opportunities?
This course will equip you with essential knowledge and skills required to operate at a supervisory or management level in the nursery, landscape, turf, or parks and gardens industries.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Landscape manager/designer
- Nursery manager
- Botanic gardener
- Supervisor in area of speciality
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
As a full-time student, you can expect three days of attendance per week. Part-time attendance and duration vary, based on individual unit delivery.
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- Applicants are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level.
- Applicants are expected to hold a Certificate III in Horticulture, or possess current and relevant industry experience. This will be discussed at your interview.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)