- This course has QLD government funding only. All other states is fee-for-service
The Certificate IV in Hospitality produces individuals who can perform the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with sound knowledge of industry operations. They will operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. Many individuals will enter into the workforce with supervisory responsivities and plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members.
Students will come away with an excellent understanding of administration, client and customer service, communication and work safety. Under these clusters, students cover a range of units including complex spreadsheets, managing finances within a budget, rostering staff, leadership and managing people, coaching, managing conflict, diversity in the workplace and much more.
Students who successfully complete this course may continue with further study at the Diploma level at CTI for an Australian Apprentice pathway.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Front Office Supervisor
- Gaming Supervisor
What You'll Learn
- Knowledge in all areas of administration, customer service & workplace safety. During this course, you will learn how to manage finances within a budget, and rostering, coaching & managing staff
- On successful completion, you may choose to complete our Diploma of Hospitality Management
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 9 Core units, 12 Electives, Total 21 Units
- This course is offered in-class at their Brisbane campus, however, it can be completed online too
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- Students enrolled in the Certificate IV in Hospitality course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts
- Students are required to source their own work placements
- Students successfully completing this course may further study at Diploma level at CTI or for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. After achieving SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality, individuals could progress to SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality or Diploma qualifications in any service industry field
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 3, Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 3, Unit Cluster 3: Communication 3, Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety 3
About Canterbury Technical Institute
Canterbury Technical Institute is a part of Canterbury Education Group which offers many years of experience delivering vocational courses in the international arena. We are located in the centre of Brisbane’s CBD within comfortable walking distance of the city’s main transport, education, sports, government and tourist facilities.
Our excellent team of trainers boast a wealth of relevant knowledge and experience on each of the subject we deliver. Our programs have been specifically designed to cater to the needs of both domestic and international students and are nationally recognised under the AQF. Our fully qualified academic staff and caring administrative team offer our students a nurturing environment and atmosphere conducive to their studies. State of the art classrooms and laboratory facilities ensure we support our progressive learning environment.
Canterbury Technical Institute is a ‘Registered Training Organisation’ (RTO) that operates wholly within the VET Quality Framework.