- This course is only available to Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Our SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality covers RSA, food handlers certificate (RSF), bar, cocktail making, speed pouring, beer pouring, coffee making, food and beverage service, wine knowledge, how to open/close/manage a venue and other key leadership skills. With multiple study options available from face to face, intensive, blended online learning, weekend and night classes, we will have a choice to suit you and your lifestyle. During lockdowns you will be able to continue your theory sessions online over Zoom to ensure you stay on track.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Various hospitality roles
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Blended: Online and Practical:
This course is made up of 7 practical sessions in our training facility, self-paced theory online and 36 service periods. The average duration of this course is 3-8 months.
Intensive practical classes:
Our intensive delivery model is 2 weeks of full-time face to face classes, self-paced learning, 36 service periods and a final skills session. The average duration of this course is 3-8 months. During lockdowns we offer theory classes online.
Face to Face In-class Option:
This course is made up of 15 x face to face classes (theory & practical), 1 session per week, self-paced learning and 36 service periods. The average duration of this course is 7-10 months.
- Individuals may enter this course with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification. However, it is strongly recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications, and/or gain industry experience prior to entering the qualification
- You must be over the age of 18 to undertake this course, and need to have access to a workplace, if you wish to achieve the full hospitality qualification
- If you do not have access to a workplace, you can complete your service periods in our simulated restaurant/bar, or undertake voluntary placement at our café, Hunters and Disciples
- Students need access to computers, email and the internet to complete this qualification
If you need extra support, we have daily support sessions available, both theory and practical options. In addition, you can book a one-on-one appointment with our student support trainer.
Whilst we cannot guarantee employment, we work with a number of employers that recruit directly from our student pool. If you demonstrate great skills and maintain good participation we will refer you to employers that have jobs available.
If you complete voluntary shifts at our café and restaurant “Hunters and Disciples” you will be able to add this venue to your resume as real hospitality experience. The café is located on the ground level of our training facilities and is open to the public.
Recognition of Prior Learning
You can ask for your relevant existing skills, qualifications and experience to be assessed and taken into account when your level of competency is being assessed. There will be a cost associated, refer to statement of fees and charges. RPL is not covered by government funding.
There will be a number of written theory assessments, projects, skills testing and observations that your assessor will use to determine your competency.
Each week we will have a leader of the class and they will be assessed on their leadership and planning skills for that session.
On completion of the face-to-face classes you will need to complete a logbook documenting 36 service periods in a real workplace.
About Serve It Up
Specialising in nationally accredited training for Hospitality and Leadership and Management, Serve It Up (SIU) is a trusted RTO with 10 years’ experience in training, supporting and inspiring students to succeed in their chosen pathway. We believe in real skills for real jobs, we take the extra time to customise our course materials and create new and innovative ways of delivering course content.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), qualifications completed with SIU are recognised nationally. Qualifications achieved through the Australian VET system are also very highly regarded internationally. Our mission is to provide pathways into industry and to contribute to a successful, skilled and innovative workforce.
While employment is not guaranteed, SIU has it’s own Café & Restaurant “Hunters and Disciples” located in the new state of the art training facility in West Melbourne. All students have the opportunity to complete voluntary shifts in this venue to get real experience to help them get a job.
SIU also has connections with large Melbourne pub groups, bars, restaurants, recruitment agencies and industry associations, keeping us up-to-date with industry trends and providing better job opportunities for our students.
SIU offers high-quality training both face to face and via a blended online model, offering students options to undertake our courses in a way that best suits their lifestyle.
Our trainers are dedicated and highly qualified with extensive practical industry experience and committed to providing quality outcomes to our students and ensuring that all training is both engaging and an enjoyable experience.
Our student support team are extremely passionate and committed to helping students succeed. They are always on hand to help with any questions and provide students with the support they may need to complete the course satisfactorily, especially if circumstances change.
Serve It Up Training Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22542)