Are you looking to enter the HR field? If you naturally enjoy working with people and have an interest in the career pathways of Human Resources Officer or Human Resources Assistant, the BSB40420 – Certificate IV in Human Resources is a nationally-recognised qualification that can train you in the core fundamentals of HR.
From developing emotional intelligence to supporting the coordination of recruitment and onboarding, this online course will help you carry out responsibilities for entry-level positions in Human Resources. If you have the desire to enter the field and want to create impact within an HR capacity, this qualification can provide you with the preparation needed to be an aspiring HR professional.
Who's It For?
This qualification will suit you if you’re naturally a people person and genuinely have an interest in employee relations and learning and development. This course can help you enter the HR field, equipping you with the skills and knowledge needed to support a team or organisation within an HR capacity. You could also be in the following job roles and are looking to upskill:
- Human Resource Officer
- Human Resource Assistant
- Human Resource Coordinator
- Payroll Officer
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Recruitment officer
- Human resources assistant
What You'll Learn
This qualification is comprised of units that can help you prepare for entry-level roles in HR, either as a Human Resources Officer or Human Resources Assistant.
If you enjoy working with people and desire to work in a corporate/office setting where your people skills are put to use, this qualification can provide you with the training needed to carry out HR responsibilities with confidence.
In this course, you’ll learn to:
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- Lead effective workplace relationships
- Support human resources functions and processes
- Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Develop strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Cultural sensitivity
- Analytical skills
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Duration up to 18 months
As a guide, entrants to this program:
- Must be 18 years of age and have completed Year 10, or
- Have a qualification at Certificate III or higher, or
- Have 2 years of relevant experience, and
- Complete a course/suitability interview
Participants will be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support Services
- Your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- Webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Video content access via:
- LinkedIn Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing operational skills. These include:
- A modern computer with high-speed internet
- Access to a digital video recording device and/or digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files to the Upskilled LMS.
- Chrome or Firefox browsers
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Software to view online videos and images such as Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, or Quicktime.
- Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to a scanner and associated software
Upskilled is Australia’s pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)