Our Certificate IV in Information Technology (Systems Administration Support) provides a solid base of knowledge and highly regarded skills to equip you for a range of ICT roles. With technology at the heart of every modern organisation, broad technical skills that keep hardware, software and networks up and running are more important than ever. And they are in demand.
You will become proficient in supporting clients to resolve ICT problems, gaining skills including critical thinking, project support, systems administration support, maintenance, fault finding and troubleshooting. This course has been enhanced with new units including cybersecurity requirements and an introduction to programming, which are emerging as critical skills for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professionals.
You’ll become proficient in supporting information systems and software including Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Virtualisation Platforms.
If you want to develop in-demand skills in systems administration, technical support and cybersecurity, suitable for a wide range of roles in IT, this Certificate is the ideal starting point.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Systems Administrator
- Help Desk Support
- Computer Support Professional
What You'll Learn
- Work collaboratively in the ICT industry, identify emerging technologies and practices and install and manage servers
- Provide first-level remote help desk support, identify and resolve ICT problems, troubleshoot and find faults with hardware and software and apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
- Connect and configure devices, configure desktop environments, support operating systems and troubleshoot applications
- Implement maintenance procedures, develop service-level agreements, address cybersecurity requirements and support small-scale ICT projects
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Suitable if you are currently administering or conducting technician work, or aspire to undertake this type of work
- Builds on the knowledge, training and skills you have worked hard to attain
- Solidifies and formalises the experience and on-the-job skills you have developed
- Provides clear articulation pathways for higher education and on-going career development
Our ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology (Systems Administration Support) has 20 units structured into 4 major streams of learning. Each cluster contains units grouped into core study areas that are covered during the 12-month qualification.
About Australian Institute of ICT
At The Australian Institute of ICT you get to study your way; from anywhere, at any time. Its industry-recognised qualifications aim for you to hit the ground running as soon as you graduate. Stretch your problem-solving skills with a forward-thinking course from the Australian Institute of ICT. These courses are taught by experts in their respective fields; they will share their skills and experiences from working in the IT industry and apply this to the concepts in your course. Together with your trainers, its Student Support Team will make sure you are supported each step of the way: guiding you through your subjects to lead you towards finishing what you started. You will also have access to a supportive online community of peers to fuel discussion over coursework and assessment pieces. You may be working remotely, but you’ll never feel alone.
Everthought College of Construction Pty Ltd (ECOC) trading as Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), RTO Number 51681