If you love new technology and are looking for a career with lots of diversity and employment opportunities – this could be for you! You will learn a broad range of information and communications technology (ICT) skills and knowledge. In just one year, you’ll be prepared to take on a technical support role within small to medium enterprises.
You will learn coding, cybersecurity, Microsoft applications, web technologies, PC software maintenance, networking, workplace skills, computer programming, games development and server administration.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Technical support officer
- Applications developer
- Assistant web developer
- Computer technician
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration and Study Load
Full-time: 6 months
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
- Applicants must be 17 years and over at the time of course commencement
- Applicants must have completed the ICT30118 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or have proven industry experience to this level
- Applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Apprenticeship and traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by their employer
When undertaking the Traineeship you will work in the industry and learn your skills on-the-job with your employer.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)