Our ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology (Web Development) provides a solid base of knowledge and highly regarded skills to equip you to become a website developer. This is a career on the way up with strong demand for the skills that help businesses present themselves on the web to a global customer base and utilise e-commerce to drive growth.
You’ll learn to gather requirements from clients, manage website development projects, conceptualise website designs, and develop and maintain websites and databases. In addition, you’ll gain knowledge on search engine optimisation, how to evaluate and select web hosting services and the use of dynamic scripting to create dynamic pages.
This course contains a combination of coding and management units and is ideal to help you take your first steps into entering the website development industry, teaching you to create and manage basic websites from concept to launch. It also provides the requisites to undertake the Diploma that will take your learning to the next level with advanced concepts that allow you to create fully customised websites and hosting solutions.
Websites provide the ‘storefront’ for businesses to reach customers all over the world, and this course gives you the foundation for an exciting career in website development.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
What You'll Learn
- Create website concepts and design website layouts
- Build graphical user interfaces and identify and resolve client issues
- Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
- Build a relational database, contribute to cybersecurity risk management
- Evaluate and select web hosting services, implement search engine optimisation and transfer content to websites
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Suitable if you are currently administering or conducting technician work, or aspire to undertake this type of work
- Builds on the knowledge, training and skills you have worked hard to attain
- Solidifies and formalises the experience and on-the-job skills you have developed
- Provides clear articulation pathways for higher education and on-going career development
Our ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology (Web Development) has 20 units structured into 4 major streams of learning. Each cluster contains units grouped into core study areas that are covered during the 12-month qualification.
About Australian Institute of ICT
At The Australian Institute of ICT you get to study your way; from anywhere, at any time. Its industry-recognised qualifications aim for you to hit the ground running as soon as you graduate. Stretch your problem-solving skills with a forward-thinking course from the Australian Institute of ICT. These courses are taught by experts in their respective fields; they will share their skills and experiences from working in the IT industry and apply this to the concepts in your course. Together with your trainers, its Student Support Team will make sure you are supported each step of the way: guiding you through your subjects to lead you towards finishing what you started. You will also have access to a supportive online community of peers to fuel discussion over coursework and assessment pieces. You may be working remotely, but you’ll never feel alone.
Everthought College of Construction Pty Ltd (ECOC) trading as Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), RTO Number 51681