- This Fee-for-Service program is NOT available for Government funding
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They may also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety will provide you the underpinning knowledge required to assist in managing WHS within the workplace. It is particularly suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role that may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The Certificate IV WHS course will help you to take that next step in your career, whether you will be directly involved in workplace safety, contributing to work health and safety systems in the workplace as a supervisor, or providing support to your company’s WHS systems in general. Skills include organising workload, analysing information, delivering presentations and problem solving. We’ll support you through this course, which will give you the tools to further your career in business.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Health and Safety Representative
- Safety Officer
- WHS/Safety Advisor
- WHS/OHS Officer
- Work Health and Safety Auditor
- Health And Safety Officer
- Team Leader
- Frontline Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 24 months to complete this dual qualification, and many complete it in less time
- On average it may take you 40-50 hours to complete a unit of competency. However, this will be influenced by your experience, time availability and work rate
We are committed to seeing you through your course. To ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course, the following entry and study requirements apply.
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or Non-Year 12: Completion of post-secondary studies; or
- Have at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files and produce documents (using Microsoft Suite); and
- Have reliable internet access; and
- Have a valid email account and a telephone with a valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support session; and
- Participating in interactive assessment activities and interviews
- You can study at any time, any place, with maximum flexibility
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, phone or visual classroom sessions, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Recognition of Prior Learning
- For those currently working in a management and leadership position, with over 5 years of business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) solution eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for evaluation to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
About Let Training
Let Training deliver quality recognised qualification courses as well as business coaching and advisory consulting services. Courses are available in areas of human resources, leadership and management, business and work health and safety. Through developing customised solutions, Let Training can help you improve the skills needed to address organisations’ needs and create promising career opportunities.
Let Training is a Nationally Recognised Training Organisation (RTO 41179)